Om Nom Nom

spitfire93

May 4, 2010
Bukit Batok
215722_10150152667594403_645779402_6667519_2034314_n.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Composition, colors, overall feel of the image. Anything about it!

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Capture the minute details of ants

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Late morning, was trying hard to get a decent shot of this group of ants, light wasn't that harsh as it was kind of under a shade

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I personally quite like it, but would like to hear from the others here

Sorry if i'm abit harsh here....I don't quite get what are you trying to show...
- I find that the details of the ants is quite blur or soft. Not sure if it's focused on the wrong stuffs (the plant or food) or ?
- And as for the "Om Nom Nom" title, It would be better if the food (if that is what it is) can be seen more clearly...
- I also find that all the ants are sorta fighting for attention. Even for those blurred ones. e.g. the one on the bottom left (I'm not able to advise on alternate composition since I'm still learning it myself, but these are just my $0.02)

Very good use of light! The tones are soft and well diffused. Perhaps next time can just focus on one subject? I know it's not that easy since they're moving around, takes a lot of patience and a bit of luck to get one clear shot of ants esp if they're running around. But sometimes too many subjects can be a little distracting.. Try cropping the other ants out of the picture if they're not in focus? Other than that, try using a tripod for added stability if you're not already doing so since it can be a little tiring to shoot handheld for long periods of time (though that's what many of us tend to do since a tripod setup may not be very mobile) hehe

Did u use a flash?

Thanks for sharing! :)

Sorry if i'm abit harsh here....I don't quite get what are you trying to show...
- I find that the details of the ants is quite blur or soft. Not sure if it's focused on the wrong stuffs (the plant or food) or ?
- And as for the "Om Nom Nom" title, It would be better if the food (if that is what it is) can be seen more clearly...
- I also find that all the ants are sorta fighting for attention. Even for those blurred ones. e.g. the one on the bottom left (I'm not able to advise on alternate composition since I'm still learning it myself, but these are just my $0.02)

hmm okay. anyway this was taken reverse-held (not reverse mounted), and i was kneeling on the ground, without tripod. so wrt the focusing, that was the best i can achieve at that point. lens used was 17-85 at MM while reversed.

the main focus was the top ant anyway.
maybe i should get a better composition or clearer objective behind this pic, thanks skystrike!

Very good use of light! The tones are soft and well diffused. Perhaps next time can just focus on one subject? I know it's not that easy since they're moving around, takes a lot of patience and a bit of luck to get one clear shot of ants esp if they're running around. But sometimes too many subjects can be a little distracting.. Try cropping the other ants out of the picture if they're not in focus? Other than that, try using a tripod for added stability if you're not already doing so since it can be a little tiring to shoot handheld for long periods of time (though that's what many of us tend to do since a tripod setup may not be very mobile) hehe

Did u use a flash?

Thanks for sharing! :)

only natural light was used :)

thanks for viewing!

I do understand that these are fast moving little guys and sometimes it is already hard just to get a sharp shot of it. Hope with the help of the tripod, your next try will be better :)