OM-D Eye Cup

megaweb

Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
East
megaweb.clubsnap.org
Sigh... my OM-D eye cup wore off and dropped out last night.

Anyone know where I can get it?

Which is better EP-10 or EP-11?

Thanks.

Regards

I used a EP-11 previously. It's big and it does sticks out abit. If you are wearing glasses, might not be suitable. Very good if you wear contact lens though as it cups your eye properly, blocking off excess light.

You can order it thru Olympus SG, takes about 2 months to get here.

Thanks for the reply, torque6.

I just checked with Cathay Photo, they told me eye-cup is not an accessory, it belongs to spare part. Need to get it at their service centre.

Thanks.

I find eye-cup is useful for long focal length like 600mm. I can tell the object is in focus.

almost lost mine as well.. luckily it came loose and fell into my camera bag.

on inspection, i see that the plastic pieces both sides, are just held in place by the rubber moulding. so if you keep yr OMD sideways in a bag, you will be trying to pry it out each time. better to keep it lens down in the bag.

btw, the EP-11 is S$30/- and it took me about 2 weeks to order thru Olym Spore.

oh on another subject related to our OMD, the rubber pieces protecting the hotshoe and accesories port comes in 2 parts, also just as easily lost. so i took them off and used a generic cover for the hotshoe when i am not using the flash.

Do you guys need to go down to the service center to order, or can you call or order online?
Thinking of getting the EP-11 to try.

Do you guys need to go down to the service center to order, or can you call or order online?
Thinking of getting the EP-11 to try.

they alowed me to order via email and when it arrived, they called me and asked if 'still want or not' .

they alowed me to order via email and when it arrived, they called me and asked if 'still want or not' .

Thanks, bro. Will contact them and see if can order that way.
Too lazy to go down that place twice.

Your Olympus dealer should be able to get it although you may have to order it...mine carries it as a regular item, so I was just able to walk in and ask for it.