Oly's New E-330 - DLSE Camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually it is nothing new. Olympus maybe the first to announce it but I think other people will be doing it.

Sony can do live preview on the R1 and is rumored to be lauching a DSLR with live preview too.

It's just the first live preview digital camera that can swap Zuiko lenses. At least, it's new and special for now.

Sometimes, I did those 'awkward' positions to get my macro shots. This feature will be useful to me at least.

Fuji S3pro have live preview already, it's d 1st DSLR have live preview on LCD, just can't take any shots...
a preview only...

kajun_liu said:
Fuji S3pro have live preview already, it's d 1st DSLR have live preview on LCD,
My 4yr old E10 says otherwise... ;p

kajun_liu said:
just can't take any shots...
a preview only...
E10 smirking in my bag :D

theRBK said:
My 4yr old E10 says otherwise... ;p

E10 smirking in my bag :D

:bsmilie: good one! :bsmilie:

I brought the MCON-35 today with me, let me know if you coming to pick it up later.

NMSS_2 said:
live preview that cant take a shot? so what is the use of it?:dunno:

For preview lor!! :bsmilie:

Maybe more for studio use? In which the photog can check the exposure, WB, etc on that 'preview function' of the S3?

But what the hack? I will rather snap a few shots with different exposure compensation to find the optimal exposure before the shoot. :D

Personally, I think live preview defeats the purpose of the DSLR.

And, I would suppose that professionals doing whatever shoot they are would already know what settings to do for their shoot cuz they've done it a million times. So, they would not need the use of a live preview, right?

ernie_ng81 said:
And, I would suppose that professionals doing whatever shoot they are would already know what settings to do for their shoot cuz they've done it a million times. So, they would not need the use of a live preview, right?

i can only see some good points about it:

1) go to artist meet up sessions with fans...... all fans with camera hps and u with a short ladder or a DSLE! :bsmilie:
2) easier to take macro shoots. especially in extreme close up.
3) candid street shoot without anyone knowing.
4) anything with tripod. example: fireworks.

ernie_ng81 said:

This camera is clearly not targetted at professionals. For the end user, it is really a great feature to have, not to mention that they frame their shot more easily in awkward positions and get the image quality a DSLR offers.

Probably, but im not a professional but il still prefer the good ol' viewfinder. heh...
personal preference.

hmm...but come to think of it, i do use my Rolleiflex in about the same way as the Live preview! haha... :bsmilie: im so contradicting!

tao said:
This camera is clearly not targetted at professionals. For the end user, it is really a great feature to have, not to mention that they frame their shot more easily in awkward positions and get the image quality a DSLR offers.

ernie_ng81 said:

If professional is still doing what they are used to doing, the term "chimping" will not arise :)
I now see lots of journalist chimping thru their shots after shooting . .dunno why they are doing that .. the moment is gone already what ? :dunno:

2006012111391939513.jpg

Let's re-examine, during those film days, why did people ask for SLR?

I think it's because compact film cameras' viewfinder is a separate unit, not really thru the lens. So, composition was not that accurate for serious photography.

If we look at digicam. Mostly has a 100% coverage! Not even your D70, D50, 350D etc can match! So, for composition wise, does it matter, or in fact, digicam is better!

Another reason for thre the lens optical viewfinder - for easier manual focusing. But wait....current breed of entry level DSLR has dinki viewfinder! Are they really easy to use in manual focusing mode?

On top of that, all newer DSLR have fast and multi auto focus point. So not many will rely and really need manual focusing especially casual shooters.

So, it's optical viewfinder really as important as yesteryears? Will an SLR like camera with huge 2.5" high res LCD live preview with interchangeable lens competes well with the current budget DSLRs? These budget DSLRs have small, dark and non-100% coverage viewfinder....hmmm:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.