Olympus XA, XA1, XA2, XA3, XA4 photo-sharing & discussion

analox

Jun 26, 2007
Singapore
a2nh-wedding.blogspot.com
This thread is actually inspired by a similar thread on OM-system
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=577756

Since XA is another great camera (together with the Pen and the OM-1), first invented by Yoshihisa Maitani, I think it is worth a call to all owners of Olympus XA series to show your appreciation of the system ;)

Here is what I like about the XA:
  • A rangefinder :D
  • Very compact (as small as digital compact camera nowadays). Yup, it is still a "full-frame" camera.
  • Easy to use with Aperture mode.
  • Still possible to manually adjust: focus, ISO, aperture
  • Good & versatile lens, 35mm at f2.8-22 (not sure how good it is as compared to OM Zuiko 35mm f2.8 :D)

Hope for more inputs from you guys: what do you like/dislike about XA system, or some photos to share ;)

Useful links:
http://www.diaxa.com/
http://www.kenrockwell.com/olympus/xa.htm

Last edited:
XA + Fuji Superia X-Tra 400

Poetic

Night Scene

Good eye on the first picture, i like the composition. I am midroll on a recently acquired XA, will post when I get the shots developed and scanned:)

Hello all,

I'm a fan/collector of the Olympus XA series

My collection of the various XAs and colour. I do lack a pink colour commemorative edition of XA2 to really complete the set.
4407827719_a44093b7e9_z.jpg

And a shot from the XA2
4235897565_9ed06466f0_z.jpg

Keep this thread alive!

Hi all,

I also used to own an XA camera and really loved it even more than my DSLR :bsmilie:. It gives you almost everything you need in a film p&s camera, a sharp Zuiko 35mm f2.8 lens, unbeatable compactness & portability in a very modern design :D. The only problem I think is a very dim rangefinder due to its age.

Here are some pics taken with it during my trip in Vietnam last year, the camera has been given to my nephew as a gift but I will sure get another one in the near future.

Hoi An ancient town
4983016140_3f71dcb7e5_z.jpg

Hue's imperial citadel
4983057342_2a170899d9_z.jpg

(Converted B&W)
4982417879_f0671da2df_z.jpg

Last edited:
Oh i do realise i have past shots from my previous XA i can contribute:)

4678464691_c380988c3f_z.jpg

4426676867_3dd4831436_z.jpg

Both@ f22 in broad daylight...damn sharp.

Kodak Tmax 3200, HC-110, DIL B, 12 mins, 20 C

Hi all,

I also used to own an XA camera and really loved it even more than my DSLR :bsmilie:. It gives you almost everything you need in a film p&s camera, a sharp Zuiko 35mm f2.8 lens, unbeatable compactness & portability in a very modern design :D. The only problem I think is a very dim rangefinder due to its age.

Here are some pics taken with it during my trip in Vietnam last year, the camera has been given to my nephew as a gift but I will sure get another one in the near future.

Hoi An ancient town
4983016140_3f71dcb7e5_z.jpg

Like this shot a lot! Beautiful colors... May I know if this was taken on slide or negative? Because it is very "clean" - I haven't seen anything like this from my negative's scans :). Thanks...

Hello all,

I'm a fan/collector of the Olympus XA series

My collection of the various XAs and colour. I do lack a pink colour commemorative edition of XA2 to really complete the set.
4407827719_a44093b7e9_z.jpg

And a shot from the XA2
4235897565_9ed06466f0_z.jpg

Keep this thread alive!

A very impressive collection. Should make a wallpaper of your gems. lol

Like this shot a lot! Beautiful colors... May I know if this was taken on slide or negative? Because it is very "clean" - I haven't seen anything like this from my negative's scans :). Thanks...

Thanks for your comment :). I used Fuji Superia 200. I think it is probably due to good scanning. I did my scanning at Fotohub and sometimes it is very good, sometimes just so so.
One more portrait shot taken last year with XA :D.

4760200883_527f84e08c_z.jpg

Last edited:
one thing i don't like about the XA is that i have to wait a few more days before it arrives.. :angry:

oooohhhh, i will straight away load it with tmax400 and post the results after i'm done!

can't wait for it!

:thumbsup:
one thing i don't like about the XA is that i have to wait a few more days before it arrives.. :angry:

oooohhhh, i will straight away load it with tmax400 and post the results after i'm done!

can't wait for it!

Just got a mint condition XA, save for minor scratches on the back casing. The shutter is so quiet I hardly feel anything. Have to convince myself I have pressed the button :bsmilie:
_CHN7291.jpg

aarrggghhh...

my XA has arrived, but the aperture lever is stuck.. i can only move it between f/22 to f/8 max..

but so far the test pictures are great.. haha! i didn't put my Tmax, cus i don't want it to be ruined by the aperture problem..
so here it is, sunny 100:

stylish aunty by bayusuputra, on Flickr

Just got a mint condition XA, save for minor scratches on the back casing. The shutter is so quiet I hardly feel anything. Have to convince myself I have pressed the button :bsmilie:
_CHN7291.jpg

Wah, it looks very new!

XA's shutter is very quiet and its button is very sensitive too. There are many times I touched it and accidentally took photos :|

One small issue with this XA is the battery...

I read somewhere that it's advisable to use SR44 than LR44 for consistency metering. I still couldn't find a place to get this SR44 in Singapore. In the end, I have to order it from US (ebay).

What battery you guys use?

One small issue with this XA is the battery...

I read somewhere that it's advisable to use SR44 than LR44 for consistency metering. I still couldn't find a place to get this SR44 in Singapore. In the end, I have to order it from US (ebay).

What battery you guys use?

I use LR44.. it might not last as long as SR44.. but I don't mind