Olympus Tough TG5 Launch - May 17 2017

wonglp

Staff member
Jul 20, 2007
Bukit Batok
Olympus Singapore is pleased to announce the launch of the new Tough TG-5. Advancing from the highly successful TG-4 series which was launched in 2015, the upcoming successor sees a boost of technological advancements which enables the compact camera to capture high quality images under tough shooting conditions

Olympus upgrades the much coveted model with the much anticipated Field Sensor System 5 for recording tracking information, a bright high-speed f2.0 lens and new high sensitivity image sensor for shooting high-quality images for adverse shooting.

Key Features

1. F2.0 zoom lens (25-100mm f2.0-4.7; 4X zoom)
2. Field-sensor system for recording tracking information –GPS, Manometer, Temperature sensor & compass
3. Movie shooting functions including 4K Movie and Full HD, 120 fps High-speed Movie
4. Variable Macro System with Focus Bracketing & Stacking; 1cm Super Macro at all zoom settings; Digital microscope (up to 44.4x)
5. Waterproof 15m; Dustproof; Shockproof 2.1m; Crushproof 100kgf; Freezeproof -10C
6. Underwater HDR
7. Dedicated UW setting on mode dial
8. RAW file support
9. Wi-Fi (with Olympus OI.Share app compatibility)
10.3 inch LCD screen (460K dots)

More info here:
http://www.getolympus.com/digitalcameras/tough/tg-5.html

Olympus bluff ppl, say their OMD1 + 12-40 f2.8 pro splashproof, freeproof, bla bla.
Mine just got slight splash from the pool, someone splashed me, boom, eyeview got fogged, shutter failed to work, nothing works.
Went to svc center, tells me I've to incur charges min $170 to open it. Asked if can help calibrate to the pro lense, another $170 min charge. Bull... Rather stick to Canon (same splash, but nothing happened)
It's in the SVC center now my confidence in Olympus in waning, though it's much sharper than my Canon + legendary lenses (tried side by side last weekend)

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing.

actually looking into buying Olympus TG5 but now changed my mind.