Olympus Tough 6000 / 8000 and SDHC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowmail

Nov 28, 2003
Am considering getting an Olympus 6000 (or 8000), when I noticed the 6010 was recently announced.
Using the product comparison on Olympus's site, it would seem the 6000/8000 does -not- support SDHC cards (but the 6010 does).

Can anyone with a 6000/8000 confirm this is true? That you can't use SDHC cards (and effectively are limited to 2G only... or are there non SDHC cards >2G?) or have you actually been successful in using a 4/8G SDHC card in your camera?

Also, if I'm limited to 2G cards only, what is the maximum number of photos i can take with the highest quality/resolution?

Thanks.

(*) I'm just looking for a simple waterproof P&S camera that I can use outdoors and not worry about bad weather. Started out looking at the Z33WP, which seems rather unawesome from reviews. Am looking for something between $200-350 or so, and will probably buying it from the US.

PS:Also wondering, anyone knows how much Olympus charges to change the rubber gaskets of this camera?

Last edited:
Am considering getting an Olympus 6000 (or 8000), when I noticed the 6010 was recently announced.
Using the product comparison on Olympus's site, it would seem the 6000/8000 does -not- support SDHC cards (but the 6010 does).

Can anyone with a 6000/8000 confirm this is true? That you can't use SDHC cards (and effectively are limited to 2G only... or are there non SDHC cards >2G?) or have you actually been successful in using a 4/8G SDHC card in your camera?

Also, if I'm limited to 2G cards only, what is the maximum number of photos i can take with the highest quality/resolution?

Thanks.

(*) I'm just looking for a simple waterproof P&S camera that I can use outdoors and not worry about bad weather. Started out looking at the Z33WP, which seems rather unawesome from reviews. Am looking for something between $200-350 or so, and will probably buying it from the US.

PS:Also wondering, anyone knows how much Olympus charges to change the rubber gaskets of this camera?

Err.... shouldn't you be asking this at the Olympus Section.... intstead of the UnderWater Photograhy selection ?? :sweat:

Thanks.

Hi Just bought the 8000, and it came bundled with a free SDHC card and a XD adaptor for the SDHC card.

Thanks for the info.

Have one other question about the 8000; does the USB on the camera use a 'standard' cable?
I noticed the 8000 charges via the camera, and travel would be much easier if I could just charge it with my laptop an a regular USB cable...

(The 6000 provides an external charger instead...)

Was asking about the seal as it's recommended you replace it annually if you use it underwater a fair bit. (Olympus quoted $100+)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.