Olympus TCON17 & WCON07 and Emolux WCON

Status
Not open for further replies.

karnage

Feb 26, 2005
Ang Mo Kio
Hi Lumixers!

Been reading alot about how good the TCON17 & WCON07 is when used on FZ10/FZ20. However, there's no clear answer as to whether there is vignetting anot since they're both 55mm rear thread but FZ10 & 20 is 62mm. Can anyone provide some insight into this? Is there vignetting/light falloff at full wide using the WCON07? Is there vignetting throughout the zoom range when using the TCON17?

Also, I saw this Emolux brand WCON which is 0.5x or 0.45x, forgot. Its rear thread size is 52mm but when used with the FZ20, there's no vignetting at all at full wide! Adaptor is provided to fit the FZ20 without the ring or original adaptor. Anyone knows anything about this? It has a sticker that says "For Panasonic FZ10/20" on it.

Oh, last thing: Saw WCON07C and D... and the TCON ones too. What's the thread size for the different alphabets, does anyone know? I was told one of them has a 58mm rear thread... but forgot which one already. Only know B is 62mm...

i jus bought both the Tcon 17 and wcon08 at B&S here at club snap. for the tcon 17 u have to be using at x4 and above then u wont see the barrel.
other than that the side distortion is very minimal or at least not to my newbie eyes

the wcon 08 is rather good i taken some pics at the widest possible and posted in this thread.

think theres some discussion of the equipment of the wide conversion in that thread too:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=140660&page=2

cheers

fuse said:
i jus bought both the Tcon 17 and wcon08 at B&S here at club snap. for the tcon 17 u have to be using at x4 and above then u wont see the barrel.
other than that the side distortion is very minimal or at least not to my newbie eyes

the wcon 08 is rather good i taken some pics at the widest possible and posted in this thread.

think theres some discussion of the equipment of the wide conversion in that thread too:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=140660&page=2

cheers

Tcon17 on FZ10/20 must Zoom till around 6X to 7X then no vignetting.
Aboove is what I did is I use Tcon17 on my cam.

I'm using the Oly Tcon17 but do not really like it. Got it as a package when I bought the FZ20 from the last owner. Thought of letting it go.

Seems like people keep beating me to getting used TCON17 & WCON07... haha! Oh wells... what to do? Who ask me involved in NDP? Anyways, I might just get new ones if I'm fed up of waiting for someone to sell his/hers. Haha!

same here. not going to depend on 2nd hand anymore, going to get a set of tcon and wcon from shop liao.

Haha! Really? I just thought I might be able to save up to $100 if I bought both 2nd hand... Oh wells, guess it's harder than it looks! :)

karnage said:
Haha! Really? I just thought I might be able to save up to $100 if I bought both 2nd hand... Oh wells, guess it's harder than it looks! :)
I saw a TCON17 a few months ago snapped up within 4 minutes of the buy/sell thread!

Wow! That's fast... like, really fast! If everyone's so keen to get a TCON17, why're there others who're selling them off? What about an MO? Do you all think there'd be much people interested?

you guys have to offer realistic prices lah... if not of course cannot get lah. I was selling my TCON-17 and some jokers keep offering $70~80 even though it was in mint condition. think $100 is the fair price for a good condition one.

but then, the TCON-17 is very good for the money you pay and that is why the demand us there.

also, note that the older model of the TCON-17 known as the B300. It is actually identical, so if you guys can find one at a good price, go for it. some say the built quality is even better, but i have not handled one and cannot confirm.

lastly, if you are using FZ10/20, get the TCON-14B instead.... if you can find one, that it. it is a terrific piece of glass and you don't get any distortion, vignetting, colorations issue at all. in other words, so good as though it is part of your camera. this is the one I am using after selling away my TCON-17. :thumbsup:

tao said:
you guys have to offer realistic prices lah... if not of course cannot get lah. I was selling my TCON-17 and some jokers keep offering $70~80 even though it was in mint condition. think $100 is the fair price for a good condition one.

but then, the TCON-17 is very good for the money you pay and that is why the demand us there.

also, note that the older model of the TCON-17 known as the B300. It is actually identical, so if you guys can find one at a good price, go for it. some say the built quality is even better, but i have not handled one and cannot confirm.

lastly, if you are using FZ10/20, get the TCON-14B instead.... if you can find one, that it. it is a terrific piece of glass and you don't get any distortion, vignetting, colorations issue at all. in other words, so good as though it is part of your camera. this is the one I am using after selling away my TCON-17. :thumbsup:

What is the mkt price for a used Tcon-14B & new?

But I'm a greedy boy... I think 1.4x is not enough... just like I think WCON08 is not enough that's why looking for WCON07... It'd be better if there's an actual 0.5x one... but seems like they're all 3rd party like Vitacon & this Emolux brand...

Anyway, I do feel that about $100 is a reasonable price but I just can't seem to find a seller. In fact I was ready to pay Hongjia $90 for the WCON07 but Kenneth was faster... haha! Oh wells...

karnage said:
But I'm a greedy boy... I think 1.4x is not enough... just like I think WCON08 is not enough that's why looking for WCON07... It'd be better if there's an actual 0.5x one... but seems like they're all 3rd party like Vitacon & this Emolux brand...

Anyway, I do feel that about $100 is a reasonable price but I just can't seem to find a seller. In fact I was ready to pay Hongjia $90 for the WCON07 but Kenneth was faster... haha! Oh wells...

pai sae lah.. :D

i help u look out in BS loh.. :bsmilie:

Haha! It's ok lah... u got fast mouse mah... I saw in Cathay, the person quote me $190 leh! Wah lau! For WCON07 I think... forgot. Maybe it's TCON17...

Oh btw don, u looking for Manfrotto QR323 right? I saw selling at a camera shop near The Camera Workshop @ Peninsula Shopping Centre (the building opp. Cathay that building). U go in from the Spinelli's the entrance the 2nd shop I think. Selling for $38 before bargain... Think they left 2pcs only..

WCON07 is worth it... I got one for my old Olympus C-2100uz and there's almost no image degredation at all.

karnage said:
Haha! It's ok lah... u got fast mouse mah... I saw in Cathay, the person quote me $190 leh! Wah lau! For WCON07 I think... forgot. Maybe it's TCON17...

i bought mine from ms for $168 last week. Not too bad except it blocked the light from my flash...something I did not note when I bought it, so now it will only be used for daylight scenery shots..heh heh

Haha! Thanks Kenneth but I'm looking for TCON17. TCON14 the thread size too small... But I appreciate your help... Cheers!

karnage said:
Haha! Thanks Kenneth but I'm looking for TCON17. TCON14 the thread size too small... But I appreciate your help... Cheers!

ok... :sweat:

airconvent said:
i bought mine from ms for $168 last week. Not too bad except it blocked the light from my flash...something I did not note when I bought it, so now it will only be used for daylight scenery shots..heh heh
Sayang not to use it for night photography, why don't you get something like this and try it out?

Cheap solution that could do the trick? maybe... hehehe, we didn't formally meet, but was a at one time a frequent visitor to PPCSG.

Maybe can see you around sometime in CS shoot or PLUG? :thumbsup:

../azul123

Status
Not open for further replies.