Olympus Studio Software, where and how much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ykkok

Feb 24, 2004
Sorry guys, I just couldn't find the previous thread that somebody posted the details on how much and where to get Olympus Studio Software.

And I think for the benefit of others, this must-have software for serious E-System users, deserves a new topic here, at least for the time being.

May I know where (or which shop) is selling this software of-the-shelf now in Funan?

I don't think there are any shops right now that has it "on the shelf" due to the specialty of the software. The only shop I know of thats bringing it in on order is Pics & Pixels at Funan and hhho is checking with them regarding it.

The software is available directly from Olympus Singapore. You can buy it immediately from Olympus Studio (the showroom cum service centre, not the software) at High Street Centre but the price they have in their offical price list there is about $250. This however differs quite a lot from the price that chancy said he lifted off their RRP list of $179 in this post:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=108462&page=1&pp=20

Pics & Pixels quoted me at $158 (w GST) but they needed to order it first. I have placed an order with them for more than a week already. Considering that Olympus Singapore is so close to Funan Centre, it does seems to take an extraordinarily long time to get it from Olympus Singapore. I don't know why it is so difficult for dealers to order it from Olympus Singapore when they already have the stock available. The Olympus rep at Olympus Studio even showed me the box when I doubted the actual stock availability of the software. :dunno:

Evilmerlin said:
I don't think there are any shops right now that has it "on the shelf" due to the specialty of the software. The only shop I know of thats bringing it in on order is Pics & Pixels at Funan and hhho is checking with them regarding it.

I got it ' on the shelf ' last month when I pass by their store , they had a few packs when I bought one from them. They even has the 1Ds MkII 'on the shelf'. :eek:

really? hmmm, interesting. Will go check it out.

Just gave them a call. Waiting for stock to come in. S$159.

may i suggest something?

why dun u guys go & download an ORIGINAL & GENUINE copy of the Studio ver 1.2 from the Oly website? :dunno:

then u go find 'a thing' to take away the time limit lah. so whats this noise about getting P* copies all over the forum. the big guy is up there watching u all, u know? :D

btw, did anyone manage to find the interpolating function that comes with Studio 1.1? u know, that feature u can make the file bigger for big prints, like in Pshop ACR plug in?

thx. :)

If only its available.

Anyway, I'll getr Studio if I can get it before going back to Manchester. If not, I'll have to settle for shooting RAW+SQ then using ACR to colour match the JPEG.

I believe Chancy is right I've verify with stuff in CP and they confirm with the Olympus stuff that the list price is $179 and the stock is on the way.

hope this is not OT, but have anyone tried using the Adobe RAW plugin for Olympus cameras? how does it compare with Olympus Studio in terms of quality of import? I tried it and the output is still kinda similar to my low compression JPEGs.

yes, it has been discussed before regarding Adobe ACR plugin & Oly Studio/Viewer software here:

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=111247

after fiddling with Studio 1.2 for a few days, i must say its pretty good, less the speed of processing. :)

guess 'the thing' really works. :D

nightpiper said:
yes, it has been discussed before regarding Adobe ACR plugin & Oly Studio/Viewer software here:

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=111247

after fiddling with Studio 1.2 for a few days, i must say its pretty good, less the speed of processing. :)

guess 'the thing' really works. :D
What is that 'thing' ? Where can it be found ah? :)

seek & ye shalt find.... :D

'the thing' is something that starts with 'c' & its a five letter word. have fun searching for 'the truth'.... for u can be the one.... ;p

nightpiper said:
seek & ye shalt find.... :D

'the thing' is something that starts with 'c' & its a five letter word. have fun searching for 'the truth'.... for u can be the one.... ;p
so... 'cruel', you are. :(

why cruel? where got cruel? i already drop such a dead-give-away hint already lah. this is such an open forum so cannot draw the pic on the wall so clearly mah. :) kekekekeke.....

anyway, i also reveal my secrets to using nikon lens on the E sys, so where got cruel... ? talking about nikon lens, i notice the lenses i have gives quite a lot of CA as compared to the Digital Zuikos, so i guess this is one up for Oly!! :thumbsup: of cos i have been pixel peeping in order to come out with such conclusion. hhhmmm.... lets hope the sigma 150mm macro comes with a 4/3 mount too. (rumours has it)

good night. :angel:

(ps. hi tomcat, why u need Studio huh? u using canon right?)

Since it's so expensive and hard to get, let's stick to Olympus Master for the time being. What to do? What you pay is what you get. ;)

nightpiper said:
(ps. hi tomcat, why u need Studio huh? u using canon right?)
Because i also have E-300 mah.
And Studio gives much better looking conversions in high function mode than Olympus Master. Also we can carry out auto distortion correction and shading compensation with Studio. I find the auto distortion correction quite useful. ;)

tomcat said:
The software is available directly from Olympus Singapore. You can buy it immediately from Olympus Studio (the showroom cum service centre, not the software) at High Street Centre but the price they have in their offical price list there is about $250. This however differs quite a lot from the price that chancy said he lifted off their RRP list of $179 in this post:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=108462&page=1&pp=20

Pics & Pixels quoted me at $158 (w GST) but they needed to order it first. I have placed an order with them for more than a week already. Considering that Olympus Singapore is so close to Funan Centre, it does seems to take an extraordinarily long time to get it from Olympus Singapore. I don't know why it is so difficult for dealers to order it from Olympus Singapore when they already have the stock available. The Olympus rep at Olympus Studio even showed me the box when I doubted the actual stock availability of the software. :dunno:

Hello,

I apologise for leaving this thread on the shelf this while.

I corresponded with Olympus SG on the price issue and received the following clarifications.

1) The latest Olympus Studio at version 1.2 will only be available for retail towards the end of Feb at the same price quoted in the E-System RRP list during the E300 product launch, S$179/-.

2) Those boxes we see on retail now are the v1.0 of Olympus Studio & they are retailed for $250/-

So everyone's right in their own way. Pix & Pixel is awaiting for the end Feb delivery of Studio v1.2 :)

I would like to thank Olympus SG for sorting out this pricing issue quickly and making it relatively more affordable than v1.0 for the benefit of E-System owners.

Get your genuine copy when you can :)

Cheers,

chancy said:
Get your genuine copy when you can :)

Cheers,

ya lor, thats why i tell them to goto Oly website to D/L geniune copy mah. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.