Olympus Studio Software, where and how much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Digging up this thread as I dun wanna start a new one.

Same question, where can I get a copy of Olympus Studio at the best price? Don't really see them anywhere. Has version 1.3 in box form appeared on the shelves?

i talked to Xanderman the other day & it seems like u can only buy Studio 1.2 & later upgrade it to ver 1.3 via the Oly portal. dun think there will be any ver 1.3 on shelf that soon. :)

nightpiper said:
i talked to Xanderman the other day & it seems like u can only buy Studio 1.2 & later upgrade it to ver 1.3 via the Oly portal. dun think there will be any ver 1.3 on shelf that soon. :)

Hello Tao,

Nightpiper is correct, it's v1.2 out of the retail box, use Studio's "Update Software" function in the "Help" menu to direct you to their version update portal link (Currently at v1.3.1). Too costly to put a new version on the box.

I've got mine from MS Color, my usual source of most things photography :)

Cheers,

OK, thanks for the advice. Now, how muchie? :)

Version 1.3.2 is now out. You can either update from within Studio or search from the OLY website to download.

Cathay Photo doesn't stock it. I guess maybe I shouldn't have been so impatient and ask around.

The 2 ladies at OLY studio only seem to recommend Cathay Photo and never seem to mention any other names. :think:

XanderMan said:
Version 1.3.2 is now out. You can either update from within Studio or search from the OLY website to download.

Hi Xanderman,

Thanks for the pointer to 1.3.2

MS Color is an authorised dealer for Olympus products. It was a reasonable few days wait to pick up the box.

Cheers,

chancy said:
Hi Xanderman,

Thanks for the pointer to 1.3.2

MS Color is an authorised dealer for Olympus products. It was a reasonable few days wait to pick up the box.

Cheers,

ver. 1.3.2 is for Mac only, PC still at ver.1.3 :) .

:cheers:

kktan said:
ver. 1.3.2 is for Mac only, PC still at ver.1.3 :) .

:cheers:

It feels good to be a MAC user now :) Anyway, the Studio software manual also uses OS X images. I suspect the software developers are pro Mac, they even support the good old Classic OS 9!

Yep... coincidentally, quite a no. of Mac users are also Olympus users. And these are the people who will say that they like Olympus for the same reasons that they like the Mac. Good design, good ergonomics, X-factor but poor market share and thus exclusivity, blah blah blah.

i am pc user but still love the juice of olympus.

chancy said:
Hello Tao,

Nightpiper is correct, it's v1.2 out of the retail box, use Studio's "Update Software" function in the "Help" menu to direct you to their version update portal link (Currently at v1.3.1). Too costly to put a new version on the box.

I've got mine from MS Color, my usual source of most things photography :)

Cheers,

Sorry for digging up an old thread. how much have you been quoted for the studio by MScolor?

NMSS_2 said:
Sorry for digging up an old thread. how much have you been quoted for the studio by MScolor?

Hi NMSS_2,

I understand this sounds silly, but I've lost the receipt and my memory on this has gone the way of the wonka ... it certainly wasn't at Oly RRP.

Sorry for not being helpful here, but MS gives very reasonable prices, esp to regulars, service-wise from my experience is excellent.

Cheers,

chancy said:
Hi NMSS_2,

I understand this sounds silly, but I've lost the receipt and my memory on this has gone the way of the wonka ... it certainly wasn't at Oly RRP.

Sorry for not being helpful here, but MS gives very reasonable prices, esp to regulars, service-wise from my experience is excellent.

Cheers,

Thanks. looks like i have to give florence a call soon.

I am thinking of getting studio but I am afriad that they may release 2.0 soon. The studio 1.x has been around for a LONG time....

I called Mscolor but they say they don't sell olympus studio...

Have anyone bought Studio recently? If so from where and how much?

Status
Not open for further replies.