Olympus SP-350 Battery (CR-V3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazm

Dec 22, 2006
I read from DP-Review that the Olympus SP-350 operates optimal with the CR-V3 Lith Ion battery.

I do not think this battery is included with the camera and other users have been commenting that the camera is useless with normal AA batteries.:eek:

My question here is where could I get such batteries (CR-V3) and at what cost?

Further question here is shouldn't Olympus be supplying the battery having full knowledge that this camera works best with the specific battery??..

Cheers...

:p

The batteries CR-V3 is easily available... they even come in rechargeable form (RCR-V3) too. I have seen them on sale at many camera shops, and even in NTUC stores!

You should be able to get the chargers easily too. I have 2 such chargers bought from camera shops.

I'm using Snayo 2700Amh AA batteries and they last pretty long.

The batteries CR-V3 is easily available... they even come in rechargeable form (RCR-V3) too. I have seen them on sale at many camera shops, and even in NTUC stores!

You should be able to get the chargers easily too. I have 2 such chargers bought from camera shops.

Thanks...will look them up..:)

I use Sanyo 2700mAh batteries too. I learnt recently that Sanyo Eneloop batteries are even better... in that these do not self-discharge easily.

Hi anybody know how to charge the CR-V3 included in the SP350 package? i dunno how to charge there are no direction.

Hi anybody know how to charge the CR-V3 included in the SP350 package? i dunno how to charge there are no direction.

You mean u are selling it as a package? or u are charging the battery?:dunno:

The CR-V3 battery that comes with the camera is NOT rechargeable. It is a one-time use battery. You need to buy the rechargeable type RCR-V3 and a special charger for it.

Easier to use AA form-factor rechargeable batteries and charger.

By the way, please upgrade the firmware for Olympus SP-350 before using rechargeable batteries on it. This will eliminate false low-battery indication when using recharegeable batteries. IMPORTANT: During firmware upgrading process, ensure you are using brand new batteries on full charge, or use AC power... a sudden camera power out during the process may damage the firmware storage chip.

Here is how to upgrade...
http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/imsg/digicamera/qa/contents/03b/ssoftware7.cfm

The latest firmware version as at 20 Dec 2006 is version 1.4
http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/imsg/digicamera/download/software/firm/sp350/index.cfm

By the way, please upgrade the firmware for Olympus SP-350 before using rechargeable batteries on it. This will eliminate false low-battery indication when using recharegeable batteries. IMPORTANT: During firmware upgrading process, ensure you are using brand new batteries on full charge, or use AC power... a sudden camera power out during the process may damage the firmware storage chip.

Here is how to upgrade...
http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/imsg/digicamera/qa/contents/03b/ssoftware7.cfm

The latest firmware version as at 20 Dec 2006 is version 1.4
http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/imsg/digicamera/download/software/firm/sp350/index.cfm

Thanks for the head-up..will check on it when I get the camera..:)

thanks alvin..

one thread has expired and the other has been withdrawn..:)

probably will get a new one....unless someone selling off theirs..:)

Been using the Eveready lithium ones... the blue-grey label. Last pretty long! Not tried rechargeables yet...

Hi Spazm, if u dun mind. I thinkin of sellin off mine cos i got 2 other cameras. So i didnt take more than 20 shots? lol...

:D Mind sharing how much u paid for the RCR-V3 and charger? Any particular brand/model to look for?

I an using a UNIROSS RCR-V3 battery. It cost around RM 140 (aprx SGD 60). Would last for around 300 shots..:)

The charger and battery comes in a package..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.