Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitz

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.blitzstorm.com
Hi all,

Long time no see Olympians :)

BTW I just checked out the address of the Olympus Service Centre, seems to have move to North Bridge road instead? Has it just move recently?

And also, due to a stupid accident, one of my battery cover side joint was snapped off. Thus the cover will came off when not closed :( Will Oly be able to fix this for me?

Thanks!

The 1st time I see the address, it is at High Street Centre liaoz..

The Service Center had moved for quite some time liao...

Hi Blitz

Long time no see! Too long man, Oly service Centre moved quite a while already. Is now at High Street Centre just few blocks away from Funan Centre.

:eek: Semantics n pl branch of linguistic study dealing with development of meaning of words.

Originally posted by Sausage
Ah, semantics.

Don't like that lah... me, didn't study in school when I was young... ;)

Ah... I'm just a bit smarter than the average sausage.

And to keep this on-topic, the service center phone number on their pink form is wrong. It goes to some residential unit and the poor guy there must be getting calls for olympus everyday.

Good for you, smart sausage... hehehe...

Ah... I'm just a bit smarter than the average sausage.

Olympus Service Center Tel no. is 1800-6-Olympus (very easy to remember...)

And to keep this on-topic, the service center phone number on their pink form is wrong. It goes to some residential unit and the poor guy there must be getting calls for olympus everyday.

Thanks for the help guys, so they move :) Anyway the new location is better, much accessible IMO.

Hey Kevin, long time no see too :)

And you guys think they are able to replace the battery cover for me?

Originally posted by Blitz
And you guys think they are able to replace the battery cover for me?
Ask John to send in for you to get it fix free!

Originally posted by ivor
:eek: Semantics n pl branch of linguistic study dealing with development of meaning of words.

Don't like that lah... me, didn't study in school when I was young... ;)

opposite, and across tha road. :D

Originally posted by Kevin
Ask John to send in for you to get it fix free!

Oh they can ah.... hmm thanks for the info, think I will drop by there tomorrow then :D But will they mind or not ah?

How long u think they will take ah?

BTW Kevin, u still holding to C2040Z right?

Can you help me check something?

I'm interested in knowing whether olympus will update camera firmware for any camera. Some people I've asked say they can and will do it, while my calls to their service center and technician result in a negative answer.

Thanks a lot.

Can you help me check something?

I'm interested in knowing whether olympus will update camera firmware for any camera. Some people I've asked say they can and will do it, while my calls to their service center and technician result in a negative answer.

Thanks a lot.

I once check with the Oly trainer during my C2040Z course.

He's saying that Oly will not update the firmware for your camera. However if u're referring to remapping of ur hotpixels, then they can do for you.

I guess a lot of ppl mix up with remapping of hotpixels together with upgrading of firmware.

Exception is Jayan, I think he really has his camera's firmware upgraded if I'm not wrong. Need to confirm with him :D

I once check with the Oly trainer during my C2040Z course.

He's saying that Oly will not update the firmware for your camera. However if u're referring to remapping of ur hotpixels, then they can do for you.

I guess a lot of ppl mix up with remapping of hotpixels together with upgrading of firmware.

Exception is Jayan, I think he really has his camera's firmware upgraded if I'm not wrong. Need to confirm with him :D

Most of the time it is just a remap of CCD...seems that they'll upgrade the firmware only when you got that infamous version (can't remember which one) of firmware that resets the DC everytime you turn it on.

Oh they can ah.... hmm thanks for the info, think I will drop by there tomorrow then :D But will they mind or not ah?
How long u think they will take ah?
I mean can try lah, that is what their service is famous for mah? It may take one to two weeks. The last time I went to Leslie, he asked me if I want to bring it there myself since still under warranty, it would be faster. BTW, since the cover is snaped off, if you go Oly Serivice Centre directly under warranty they still charge you because they claim you broke it yourself.

BTW Kevin, u still holding to C2040Z right?
Well, I sort of upgraded to G3 after some eval between 5050 and G3. But realised the mistake later. I was looking for a fast DC to capture my baby photos but didn't realised that all these 4MP, 5MP DC produce a lot of Noise when shoot at ISO400. Since my wife don't let me use flash, I can't sell off my C2040. Have to keep it as backup that I use frequently for ISO400 shoots!!! :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.