Olympus Pen F Review

The 2 following shots are at same location, but using different color filters (might have been red and yellow)

Olympus 7-14mm Pro. ISO250. 1/60sec. Monochrome, preset 2, medium grain (iirc)

Olympus 7-14mm Pro. ISO250. 1/60sec. Monochrome, preset 2, medium grain (iirc), shading (vignetting was used here)

Olympus 75mm/1.8. ISO200. 1/125sec. Monochrome preset 2

Olympus 75mm/1.8. Monochrome preset 2

Olympus 17mm/1.8. Monochrome preset 2. Medium grain (iirc)

With oly 25mm F1.8, F3.5, ISO200, 1/160s

With Oly 25mm F1.8, F4, ISO200, 1/250s

This was shot using monochrome Preset which simulates infra red monochrome. Oly 17mm F1.8, F3.5, no grain

Olympus 75/1.8 monochrome, preset 2, orange filter, medium grain

Gotten the Preproduction sample unit back for a spin, had passed to keithwee to have a go as well, here's some taken in the past week

Car free day, 1/250s, 7mm, monochrome, mode 2, red filter, , low grain (the contrasty tones is useful with this filter), to be able to change the filters on the fly and see it out of the LCD/EVF makes it a breeze. Slightly processing done on the jpeg with LR, shadows and highlights

With olympus 17mm F1.8, monochrome mode 2, orange filter, low grain, out of camera jpeg.

With olympus 17mm F1.8, monochrome mode 2, orange filter, low grain, perspective distortion correction by LR

Last edited:
A couple of long exposures

Pansonic 7-14mm, High resolution mode, jpeg, 6 stops Haida ND, Circular polarizer. I stretch the timing to 8sec (setting limit and F8) so as to achieve a smooth water and cloud movement. During the process of the high res shot, I could see each frame after every 8 sec, and the final output gives a very smooth cloud motion, like a single 64sec shot. Gotta love this mode, I only wish they can have a much slower setting limit as sometimes it's good to stretch the exposure longer. The good thing is also the long exposure noise reduction is done on 1 frame, hence 8sec, rather than the based on the total time taken.

Olympus 7-14mm lens. Another high res shot (2 shots panorama), F8, stitched with PTGui. I can imagine super hi resolution panoramas with this mode.