Olympus PC Show 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

vandrew

Oct 28, 2002
Hougang
andrew-ang.fotopic.net
Hi, anyone got idea if Olympus set up a booth in PC Show 2004? Was thinking to get the C-8080 WZ if there are promotions. I find this camera is better then Canon Pro1.

vandrew said:
Hi, anyone got idea if Olympus set up a booth in PC Show 2004? Was thinking to get the C-8080 WZ if there are promotions. I find this camera is better then Canon Pro1.

sniff. i also like this cam..... too bad it is too ex....... might as well buy the 300D. Cheaper and better...... heh heh....

kylelam77 said:
sniff. i also like this cam..... too bad it is too ex....... might as well buy the 300D. Cheaper and better...... heh heh....

not too clever a comparison. :nono:

Kreyszig said:
not too clever a comparison. :nono:

i suppose the word to use is "Appropriate" rather than "clever"? Unless u are into deragatory comments. :(

kylelam77 said:
i suppose the word to use is "Appropriate" rather than "clever"? Unless u are into deragatory comments. :(

appropriate will be mild.
clever, to be honest, will be appropriate.

the statement you made is not appropriate, nor is it clever.
of course, i dun mean you are not clever.
just the comment you'd made aint. :complain:

Kreyszig said:
appropriate will be mild.
clever, to be honest, will be appropriate.

the statement you made is not appropriate, nor is it clever.
of course, i dun mean you are not clever.
just the comment you'd made aint. :complain:

Thank you for your honest opinion though i stand by my comments. I quote the statements based on my own interpretations of reviews by Dpreview and other sources that incidentally, also have similar conclusions. The facts are simple, if you are considering a DC like the 8080, then you should also consider the DSLRs like the 300Ds and the D70s cos they are priced similarly. Of course, unless your needs are such that you do not want to incur higher costs (in the event you buy more lenses), need only 1 single lens, portability and the like, then you should consider the 8080. Of course, i will not take ur comments as a personal attack. I appreciate your genuine comments and hope my explanation have cleared any misconceptions we have on this matter.

You cannot compare C-8080 with D70 although its the same price range. D70, you need to buy lens which cost more. C-8080 is still a pro consumer type of camera

vandrew said:
You cannot compare C-8080 with D70 although its the same price range. D70, you need to buy lens which cost more. C-8080 is still a pro consumer type of camera

I agree with that. Depending on the needs of the person, if he desires a single lens that does all, then the 8080 is a good choice. From my own needs however, i would desire faster and better performance with comparable resolution. Thus from my perspective, i would consider the D70 although they are different cameras. Nevertheless, i understand your point. Thanks for bringing it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.