Olympus OM-D selling at $868

Status
Not open for further replies.

art2d3d

Dec 15, 2003
Today Straits Times page A6.
Takashimaya Best Denki Full page advertisement!
Publish at that price!

Wah, must be typo. Wonder if they will honor the price, considering its not a super obvious error to the layman.

Just go and get it.
They uv to honor.
It's printed in black n white.

I believe retailers don't have to honor the price unless they have taken yr money, then a bit hard to back out without a big PR disaster. Heh, might just try my luck later if I have time.

Cool.
If true.... Just buy 2 pieces;)

You got to read the fine prints of term & conditions...it's a ballot system, limited sets

Called them up.

Pricing error.

Now in damage control mode.

Yes. I've been told there are 'angry' customers banging tables at best Denki taka road show now.

Hi guys, been there this morning and were the first few in the queue,
BESK DONKI is NOT HONOURING THE PRICE!!! :cry::cry: :embrass::embrass::embrass:!!!???

HMing said:
Hi guys, been there this morning and were the first few in the queue,
BESK DONKI is NOT HONOURING THE PRICE!!! :cry::cry: :embrass::embrass::embrass:!!!???

Alamak... Another many Angry Birds flying amok on this thread II here...

I called up too.
They told me its a typo.

I just wonder if those who bang table got a better price or some freebies or nothing.

Missing a 1 infront!?!?!
That is not acceptable.

See my reply in FourThird under same subject.

So did anyone get Best to honour?

I'll be surprised if they did. This kinda thing (mistake) happens all the time. Legally, they're covered. An advertised price is simply 'an invitation to make an offer they probably will accept'. They still have the right not to sell it to you.

Of course it'll be different if it's misleading advertising, but in this case it's obviously a mistake, not an attempt to mislead.

In Australia and Germany, as far as I know and experienced, it is honoured.

This mistake will usually be budgeted into 1. cost of sales and/or 2. marketing.

They should at least have given it to the first 20 sets given their "goodwill", if there's still some to speak of now.

Game Over, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.