Olympus OM-10 Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druid

Aug 14, 2003
East, Singapore
Visit site
Hi,

I was given a Olympus OM-10. It's a semi-automatic 35mm SLR. But it's no longer usable. Sent it to Olympus Service Centre, was told that its parts are no longer available. Crossed over to Adelphi Centre, one of shops quoted me $350 if it can be restored. Do you think this is a fair price?

Can anybody recommend old SLR camera model repair shops?

A used OM-10 w/o adapter in Toronto, Canada goes for 85-100SGD...now that's only an 8-8+ out of 10 on the quality scale, but it gives you an idea of value.

I had the same cold response from Olympus Singapore regarding my OM-4. Asked around a few shops at Peninsula but none wish to attend to the metering and shutter jam.

I moved onto E1 and E300, and invested in a OM-4/3 adaptor to salvage the few Zuiko lenses that I still have.

I think $300+ to repair the OM-10 is not even worth its second-hand value. You might wish to try to offer something around that price to fellow CSer who posted to sell his workhorse OM-3.

The price of a second hand OM-10 is less than S$200. Do a search on EBAY.

Thank you for all of your input.

I actually have a camera system from another manufacturer, I just thought if it can be salvaged at an acceptable cost, I'd do it, but as it seems that the cost of repair is more than that of a second-hand one available in the market, I think I'll just keep it for keep's sake, unless I got a windfall or something!

I have the flash unit, battery grip and the original brown leather sling bag too! Sad sad :(

Status
Not open for further replies.