Olympus need another Moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merciless_Knight

Dec 4, 2004
Medieval Period...
Now that Olympus users have your own sub-forum, its time to start taking responsibility and policing the sub-forums yourselves.

Thus, we call for nominations for Moderators for the Olympus subforum, and the selection process is as follows:-

1. Nominate potential Moderators
2. Nominations will be reviewed by current panel of Moderators and shortlisted.
3. Additional information may be requested from shortlist.
4. Current panel of Moderators will vote on choices.

Ideally, each sub-forum should have two Moderators at the minimum.

In the selection of moderators, the following criteria and assessments are used before a Moderator is appointed :-
a) Maturity
b) Level-headedness and non-emotional
c) Good sense of fair play

Start the nominations rolling in and once there are enough nominees (say around 6 or more nominations), then we move the discussion to the current Moderators

I know that Jayan is the moderator for this Sub-forum.
I just asking for another moderator for our sub-forum. I can see that our Moderator seldom came in. So we kindly need another moderator to do the work for us.

With this I will Nominate chancy as our moderator for this subforum.

since chancy has been nominated, i nominate tomcat. :)

nightpiper said:
since chancy has been nominated, i nominate tomcat. :)

Night piper also not bad either... the one with E1 Body and Nikkor Lenses which make him famous. :sticktong

I think we should consult the person we wish to nominate to ask him/her whether he/she agrees. In case, the nominee has objections. I felt this is the normal process. Correct me if I am wrong.

serene said:
I think we should consult the person we wish to nominate to ask him/her whether he/she agrees. In case, the nominee has objections. I felt this is the normal process. Correct me if I am wrong.

Dun worry I haven put a poll yet. ;)

Merciless_Knight said:
I know that Jayan is the moderator for this Sub-forum.
I just asking for another moderator for our sub-forum. I can see that our Moderator seldom came in. So we kindly need another moderator to do the work for us.

With this I will Nominate chancy as our moderator for this subforum.

Hello Merciless Knight & Bariq,

Thank you for your normination. The Olympus has come to be what it is today through the contributions & enthusiasm of many. Personally, I enjoyed the civilised & cordial manner of exchanges. We have a good mix of CSers with interest in varying fields of photography even though we share the same maker of equipment; this hails for an interesting future.

I cannot speak for Jayan our forum moderator; while he's isn't always visible; he chimes in for the Camedia & the 2100 users. If I recall correctly, he takes pain to acknowledge & welcome new Camedia users to this forum; such gestures are hard to come by. I'm thankful too that he tolerated by OT banter.

The Olympus community is about the Camedia users as much it is for the OM, E-System users; it just occured to me that the E-System group has been using most of the Oly bandwidth :)

But that's only natural as we can speak best for the equipment we have on hand. Imagine when the E-3 or the replacement for your E300 is introduced; as owners of a previous generation of Olympus hardware, we'd have a challenging time quipping our two cents and may have to step aside for new owners; as keen as we are to contribute & help. This will be the long term issue to address.

If we put the moderator issue aside, am I correct to say that other than the rare & forgetable troll, we have managed to conduct & manage this forum with civility & respect without "policing".

Question to ask ourselves: Can we run continue to run this forum without a moderator ? ; I can't help but be amazed by the talent we have here and I've counted on many here to chime in when I'm tied down.

Thank you Merciless Knight, Raycsk, Bariq, Serene, Nightpiper, Tomcat, EvilMerlin, Philshots, Ykkok, Cookiez, and ALL. I guess I've named my potential list of Moderators :)

Just to let you know that I enjoyed all your postings, maturity in handling postings, admire your energy in followup with Oly news then sharing them and the dose good sense of humour to lighten up the day. It's a collective & democratic effort worth keeping.

Cheers,

serene said:

Hello Serene,

You are correct, but it's alright, it was in good intention, just as the nominee reserves the right to object :)

Thanks !

Cheers,

Hi Chancy
Yes, I could imagine the hassle after nominees shy away. I wonder if there is a job description for the Mod? Also, I believe there should be some minimal requirements - eg, newbie (like me) should not even be suggested. (not joking). I recalled sometime back, Microsoft has voluntary Mod system they call MVP (Most Valuable Professional/Player ?) and they have perhaps 2 or 3 depending on the forum activity. The MVP are on duty every day and they answer all the queries. In return, the MVPs get some MS freebies/discount. But this all depends on the requirements/style of forum. I wonder what is CS's policy on this?

serene said:
Hi Chancy
Yes, I could imagine the hassle after nominees shy away. I wonder if there is a job description for the Mod? Also, I believe there should be some minimal requirements - eg, newbie (like me) should not even be suggested. (not joking). I recalled sometime back, Microsoft has voluntary Mod system they call MVP (Most Valuable Professional/Player ?) and they have perhaps 2 or 3 depending on the forum activity. The MVP are on duty every day and they answer all the queries. In return, the MVPs get some MS freebies/discount. But this all depends on the requirements/style of forum. I wonder what is CS's policy on this?

Moderator are the "policeman" in this sub-forum.. ;)

Merciless_Knight said:
Night piper also not bad either... the one with E1 Body and Nikkor Lenses which make him famous. :sticktong

famous meh? where got? here's one more from the family. ;p

Dicky01.jpg

anyway, i dun think i m up to be a moderator, wrote too much nonsense already. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.