Olympus Motor drive 2 M.15V NiCd Control Pack 2 battery replacement

Wilwahabri

Dec 8, 2008
Singapore
Has anyone seen an instruction sheet for disassembling the M. 15V contol pack 2? I need to replace the cells in one of mine. I have the necessary cells but do not know how to open up the case. There were a number of articles on the web detailing this operation but they all seem to have been taken down now.

AS a matter of interest I am planning to replace with Lithium Polymer batteries, and make the necessary additional connections for charging via an additional built in connector to allow safe charging of the replacement battery pack. Additionally has the advantage of lighter weight and less volume of cells due to the LiPo cells higher energy density. With the planned cells I get almost twice the battery capacity in cells wich occupy only 2/3 of the original volume.

Will post an update when completed with photos of the conversion - this should give the control pack a new lease of life sustainable for a good number of years.

Last edited:
As a addenda to the above question, does anyone know how to recoat the painted body of the pack, as although it is in reasonable condition I would like to make it like new.