Olympus mju II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoInc

Feb 5, 2002
Visit site
Any user of the above camera to share their pieces of work? ;p

Like to see how good this little camera can be in the hand of a good photographer.

What is the price you paid for this little beauty? ;)

NeoInc said:
Any user of the above camera to share their pieces of work? ;p

Like to see how good this little camera can be in the hand of a good photographer.

What is the price you paid for this little beauty? ;)

One I took a few months ago...

28344458.jpg

handheld, Kodak Supra 800.

072804.jpg

can't manually set the aperture but here the dof isn't too bad with the subject in shade...

072604.jpg

the spot-metering mode helps out here...

the above on TCN400. i do miss shots with the camera (eg misfocus due to user error) but generally it makes my photography better simply by virtue that I can put it in a pocket and carry it around, and shoot without getting too much attention (than say a SLR).

The nice thing about the exposure program is that it favours a wide open aperture. ie it will use the largest aperture possible for any situation (and also thereby fastest shutter speed and least DOF).

The sad thing is that flash is set to Auto by default. So every time you start up the camera you have to press the tiny flash button twice to set the flash to "off" (if that is your style). I wish there was a firmware hack for the camera to set the flash to "off" permanently.

hi neoinc.... i got my like-new oly mju II for $50.

best bang for buck ever.... :)

This shot was taken in Shanghai.
32139322.jpg

Shot sometime last year in Singapore & Ko Phi PHi

sunset.jpg

fish.jpg

The only thing I detest is the primitive parallax error correction.

Didn't expect the many replies...

Good pictures from a little camera!

Thinking of getting one soon... :think:

The lowest price I told by AP was 145 w/o bargaining.

anyone know if can still find the black one around? Thanks.

Following the popularity of the original XA and XA-II (grand-daddys of the mju), OLYMPUS (UK I think) once challenged professional photographers to go out and use these diminutive little engineering jewels...and no other equipment.

What they came back with were pictures so pure and stunning, sharp and contrasty that they were fit to be printed as a calender, and that's exactly what OLY did! :D

This was in the 80's BTW.

no black ones unless parallel import or mail order from US

StreetShooter: well said. To go flash-off AND spot meter takes even longer!

dig in my website for mju-II pics (under klang nov 2003)

Status
Not open for further replies.