Olympus-PRO-17mm-12-2.jpg

Olympus-PRO-17mm-12.jpg

Last edited:
Rumor stage 5

looks a bit big....

first-olympus-17mm-f1-2-pro-lens-image-showed-online.jpg

Olympus-PRO-17mm-12-2.jpg

Olympus-PRO-17mm-12.jpg
My main purpose of changing to this system was due to size. But all the latest lens are aps-c format sizes.. Quite disappointing

Sent from my F5122 using Tapatalk

My main purpose of changing to this system was due to size. But all the latest lens are aps-c format sizes.. Quite disappointing

But is it as fast as APS-C format sizes lenses? It's physics, no escaping, it's the trade off. I'd rather it look bigger and weight reasonably than for it to be smaller and still be heavy. Like a Macbook Pro compared to my Aftershock. Macbook Pro is slightly smaller and thinner but feels noticeably heavier

At the end of the day, saying "my main purpose of changing to this system was due to size" and then being disappointed, you're always free to change to another system and out there, there's probably not another system that's smaller and lighter with the same capabilities.

Some people complain the 40-150 PRO is heavy, I shot MX yesterday with the ZD 35-100 f2 lens and when I switch to my 40-150, I can feel the weight being lifted.

Last edited:

think the technology of optics is matured.
Unless there are new materials, this is as far the design and development can go. :cry:

25838157803_fe6a9ae7e7_b.jpg

OMG the size, i give up for this kind of lens, my priority small size lens :D

there is the f/1,8 version!
black or silver for u?

lens.jpg

E-PL7%2B17mm.jpg

It's always about the quality and build. Yes, it's bigger and heavier because it's a PRO lens made with metal and comes with proofing features. There are alternatives that are cheaper but there will always be a compromise on some features like aperture, AF, proofing, material, etc. And there will always be something first before other brands try to create a similar lens, again with some compromise. And lenses are always your own choice

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tapatalk

It's always about the quality and build. Yes, it's bigger and heavier because it's a PRO lens made with metal and comes with proofing features. There are alternatives that are cheaper but there will always be a compromise on some features like aperture, AF, proofing, material, etc. And there will always be something first before other brands try to create a similar lens, again with some compromise. And lenses are always your own choice

agree...
I like the feel of the PRO lens...
maxresdefault.jpg

Yeah... The built of PRO lenses is really top notch!

Agreed. The built and feel is very good although it weighs more. I prefer the 12-40mm to pana 12-35mm because of the quality even though it doesn't have IS. And I use it on a gh5 for video. The easy clutch switch for AF/MF is so convenient plus the hard stop.

But of course it depends on the user for what kind of photography or videography that they are using for. Some of Olympus lens are really good but they sit on a higher priced value compared to others. So make do with what you think is best for you and rent out the lenses to try before you buy.

think the technology of optics is matured.
Unless there are new materials, this is as far the design and development can go. :cry:

25838157803_fe6a9ae7e7_b.jpg
I mean in the start system came with small lenses including kit lenses.. Later they dropped I felt.. Olympus had 14-42 in start.. Later came with 12-50mm as kit.. Looks from different world..

compare 1260leica vs 1240 vs 1235,
the leica is good, pop up of leica quality still exist
i am very surprise with the result of leica1260
Agreed. The built and feel is very good although it weighs more. I prefer the 12-40mm to pana 12-35mm because of the quality even though it doesn't have IS. And I use it on a gh5 for video. The easy clutch switch for AF/MF is so convenient plus the hard stop.

But of course it depends on the user for what kind of photography or videography that they are using for. Some of Olympus lens are really good but they sit on a higher priced value compared to others. So make do with what you think is best for you and rent out the lenses to try before you buy.

for me 1240 over chrispy :)

compare 1260leica vs 1240 vs 1235,
the leica is good, pop up of leica quality still exist
i am very surprise with the result of leica1260
for me 1240 over chrispy :)
I haven't tried the leica lens but the only miss is that the aperture is variable. If not it would definitely be on my list. Glad you found a lens you like. [emoji106]

Nonetheless we all have our preferences and we can always do settings in the camera or during editing process and tweak these problems.

Waiting yah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean in the start system came with small lenses including kit lenses.. Later they dropped I felt.. Olympus had 14-42 in start.. Later came with 12-50mm as kit.. Looks from different world..

I would look from a system point of view...

say equivalent Olympus 34mm f/2,4 vs Canon 35mm f/2,0
is the weight, size, performance, etc etc different from a system perspective?

canon-35mm-f2-f-2-35-mm-review.jpg