Olympus Live Composite Function

ok got it. ah it's such a useful feature!!!! love your photos btw :)

Always ready to volunteer as long got no school hahahaha, name time and place lol

Awesome stuff bro! Thks for sharing! I'm gonna try it out once i find time... hehe

Awesome stuff bro! Thks for sharing! I'm gonna try it out once i find time... hehe

Looking forward to see your works bro! Have fun and feel free to share here too :)

A couple more to share.

With 9-18mm, 1/2sec, F9.0 @ 9mm

With 9-18mm, 6sec, F7.1,

With 7-14, 2sec, F11

Here, the exposure was 5sec, for about 2minutes or so. 5 sec is hard to achieve smooth water reflection, so possibly another single shot of long exposure can be done and blended in post. But still a lot less work.
EM10+Panasonic 7-14mm, 5 sec, F5.6. OOC jpeg (with some blown highlights).

Hi wong, Noob here. How many 5 sec photos do I have to stack if I use OMD EM5 to shoot to achieve the same result like yours? What software should I use to stack?

Hi wong, Noob here. How many 5 sec photos do I have to stack if I use OMD EM5 to shoot to achieve the same result like yours? What software should I use to stack?

Hi, for the duration i remembered was around 2mins, so it's about 120sec/5, = 24shots. but certainly nothing stops you from doing more :). I was rather late then, so just mount and shoot, was towards the end. software, you can use photoshop or gimp to do the blending lighten mode. hope that helps.

My first photo using Live composite with my first m4/3 camera :)

10563027_10204522358437758_3069533654357001346_n.jpg

My first photo using Live composite with my first m4/3 camera :)

10563027_10204522358437758_3069533654357001346_n.jpg

Good job:) this don't look too long a composite? hmm..somehow middle of the frame looks mushy. thanks for sharing.

Just sharing a shot taken few weeks back with live composite function - stacked 3.2sec but I can't remember how long total exposure coz quite gan cheong shooting it hahaha. A tad overexpose, I realize my EV was 0, should have taken about -1EV and that should be good. Hope this helps anyone going to shoot fireworks with EM10, it's fun feature. But , the wind can be your worse enemy:eek:

Last edited:
MBS light trail, using Olympus 12-40mm, square cropped as the floating stadium lights were rather bright. If the night was clear, a 3 live composite hours shoot can stack both light show+star trail.

Good job:) this don't look too long a composite? hmm..somehow middle of the frame looks mushy. thanks for sharing.
Thank you :)
Yes it short & I captured 4-5 frame only if to long the result will be too overlaping of fireworks & possible of Over exposure on firewworks as well.

MBS light trail, using Olympus 12-40mm, square cropped as the floating stadium lights were rather bright. If the night was clear, a 3 live composite hours shoot can stack both light show+star trail.

Thats so nice bro. Where is the place you station to shoot? NDP coming.. thinking where will be ideal place to shoot.. haha.. This year also can't NDP ticket again. :(

Thats so nice bro. Where is the place you station to shoot? NDP coming.. thinking where will be ideal place to shoot.. haha.. This year also can't NDP ticket again. :(

thanks bro. shot was near promontory, a good place to be able to capture especially the low level fireworks. you do need very wide angle of at least 9-18, or do pano and stitch on post. there's many locations to shoot merlion park, esplanade side and rooftop, with every good location, have to be early for a good spot. and it gets earlier as it NDP gets closer. Can't afford the time or patience, i just reach there 7+ find a slot to share and shoot during one of the previews.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=736808323052570
a video on how it works. damn cool feature. why can't they put it into EM1. Can it be added by firmware update?

actually Spidey89 did one for me while I shot, but still haven't seen it yet haha. knock knock Spidey?:bsmilie:

actually Spidey89 did one for me while I shot, but still haven't seen it yet haha. knock knock Spidey?:bsmilie:

Post it bro.. want to see yr action too :bsmilie:

Does this feature work well with water falls in daytime?