Olympus Introduces C-720 Ultra Zoom

Status
Not open for further replies.

hong

Feb 4, 2002
Visit site
c720uz.jpg

wow, updated model of the ever popular C700 :) going to make many people crazy here, it will be a 3megapixel camera

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0205/02050803olyc720uz.asp

this new camera looks cool

c720uz.jpg

looks like it has to sacrifice the zoom for more pixels...hard to fit a large focal length range into a 3MP.

the focal length now is 40-320mm, compared to 35-380mm for c700uz. I guess the "effective" focal length range when we compare the pixels will be about the same.

If this cam has a good noise reduction bundled, and has less noise and CA in the pics, that'll be really good.

The features described seem to be exactly the same as C700 except for the zoom and MP. Even the design is identical.

ya, but specs is not out yet, they include Key new features are the 'virtual mode dial', night scene noise reduction, pixel mapping in their new Olympus C-300 Zoom / D-550 Zoom camera

Originally posted by hong
ya, but specs is not out yet, they include Key new features are the 'virtual mode dial', night scene noise reduction, pixel mapping in their new Olympus C-300 Zoom / D-550 Zoom camera

got meh, how come I didn't read that in the article?

Originally posted by mpenza
hmm... could that be using the lens similar to the Casio QV2900UX?

Couldn't be...the lens F2.8/F7.....faster than the one on the Casio...

Any current C700UZ user planning to get this new baby?

Originally posted by ultrazoom
Any current C700UZ user planning to get this new baby?

I'm still waiting for the replacement model of C-2100uz.........

Just visited the Olympus official website, there are some "downgrades" in this camera:

1) F2.8/3.4 to F7.1, compared to F2.8/3.5 - F8.0
2) shutter speed 1/1000s to 8s, compared to 1/1000s to 16s.
3) ISO100 to 400, compared to ISO100-800

There is no noise reduction, but there is auto-pixelmapping. I guess the reduction in shutter speed and ISO is to minimise the very notorious noise problem, but it is no value-added, it just takes away additional features.

So, any takers? :D

Originally posted by Tweek
Just visited the Olympus official website, there are some "downgrades" in this camera:

1) F2.8/3.4 to F7.1, compared to F2.8/3.5 - F8.0
2) shutter speed 1/1000s to 8s, compared to 1/1000s to 16s.
3) ISO100 to 400, compared to ISO100-800

There is no noise reduction, but there is auto-pixelmapping. I guess the reduction in shutter speed and ISO is to minimise the very notorious noise problem, but it is no value-added, it just takes away additional features.

So, any takers? :D

Tweek, i'm still looking forward to meeting up with you guys and let you have a look at my cam and see if there is anything wrong with it... Seeing at how so many of my shots are soft and blurred... :)

As for he new one.. i'm still happy with my baby.. :)

Originally posted by Wolfgang

Tweek, i'm still looking forward to meeting up with you guys and let you have a look at my cam and see if there is anything wrong with it... Seeing at how so many of my shots are soft and blurred... :)

As for he new one.. i'm still happy with my baby.. :)

Erm...Wolfie what's wrong wif the softness and focus of ur pix?Did you chk ur sharpening????

Status
Not open for further replies.