Any Review? It is out today. :cool:

Called CP this afternoon, no news yet.

There are several user reviews in dpreview forums

btw are u considering the FL-36 or 50?

chii said:
Called CP this afternoon, no news yet.

There are several user reviews in dpreview forums

btw are u considering the FL-36 or 50?

I am consider FL-36 cos it is much cheaper and I can use two flashes at a same time one is built in flash another FL-36. ;)

Merciless_Knight said:
I am consider FL-36 cos it is much cheaper and I can use two flashes at a same time one is built in flash another FL-36. ;)

yeap.. its abt 1/2 the price of the FL-50.

but the main purpose of the mounted flash is to reduce the dependance of the camera's in built flash since it sucks plently of "juice"

most of the specs between the flashes are similiar, some main differences would be the FL-50 other the AF-assist beam & flash power..

Just checked with Olympus.
It's available at AP, Cathay Photo, Bally Photo, Parisilk Holland V, Song Bros Sim Lim, Southern Cross and TK Foto, and MS Color as well.

Cheers.

BlueStone said:
Just checked with Olympus.
It's available at AP, Cathay Photo, Bally Photo, Parisilk Holland V, Song Bros Sim Lim, Southern Cross and TK Foto, and MS Color as well.

Cheers.

SO Fast .. Must have sent in the stocks to their main outlet. cos I called CP marina @ 3plus & there was no stock.

Hope they have other acc too..

Probably call AP again at 3+ to check.

Just called CP @ P.plaza..

No stock for the 40~150
seems no flash too.

:cry:

Anybody in the area can check it out?
:sweatsm:

chii said:
Just called CP @ P.plaza..

No stock for the 40~150
seems no flash too.

:cry:

Anybody in the area can check it out?
:sweatsm:

I called CP around 12pm and they said still have stock !

Anyway, I bought mine from Parisilk at Holland Village.
Their price is very good - $325.25 (with GST) cash ! :thumbsup:
CP quoted me at the retail price of $369.
Those who are interested in this flash from Parisilk better rush down. They don't have that many in stock.

By the way, a warning to those who are particular about where goods are manufactured - the FL-36 is made in China :what:

Also, for those who are interested in the E-300 kit, they are selling at $1,554 (with GST) and it still comes with the 1-Gb CF card and camera bag.
Really good price, I must say. :thumbsup:

Look for Deepak or Kevin if you go down. They are very helpful and friendly.

tomcat said:
I called CP around 12pm and they said still have stock !

Anyway, I bought mine from Parisilk at Holland Village.
Their price is very good - $325.25 (with GST) cash ! :thumbsup:
CP quoted me at the retail price of $369.
Those who are interested in this flash from Parisilk better rush down. They don't have that many in stock.

By the way, a warning to those who are particular about where goods are manufactured - the FL-36 is made in China :what:

Also, for those who are interested in the E-300 kit, they are selling at $1,554 (with GST) and it still comes with the 1-Gb CF card and camera bag.
Really good price, I must say. :thumbsup:

Look for Deepak or Kevin if you go down. They are very helpful and friendly.

woooooh...seems some of their sales ppl are not up to date with the stock levels... or are just lazy to chk .. put U on hold, den tell u no stock.

anywaythx 4 the tip tomcat

:what:
E-300 is a cost reduction model from oly..
@ least the body & kit lens is decent...

as for the flash how is the built? cos may just go for the FL-50 :think:

Excellent! Hopefully they'll be in stock still by this weekend!

chii said:
woooooh...seems some of their sales ppl are not up to date with the stock levels... or are just lazy to chk .. put U on hold, den tell u no stock.

From the Famous Forum. NPNT :bsmilie:

This Flash is made in China too. ;p

chii said:

Hello Chii,

I understand that you have an E300 and may be aware that the FL50 design does not allow simultaneous use with the built-in flash. That aside, the FL50 is built to around a professional system that comprises external battery pack & works with the handgrip, where endurance & fast recycling time is a requirement.

That said, the FL36 compact dimensions is suited as a mate of the E300 for travel photography far better than the FL50. But I already have the latter than I'm not missing much except it's size :)

Cheers

chii said:
The flash is smaller than I had expected in size but it would probably look better on the E-300 than the FL-50 which is gigantic and top-heavy on the E-300.

Built-wise, it is OK but don't look as good as the Canon and Nikon flashes. I prefer the FL-36 as it could be used together with the built-in flash allowing more versatile flash operation and it costs less than half that of the FL-50. For E-1 users, I suppose this doesn't really matter much since the E-1 does not have a built-in flash in the first place.

Just to point out that the E1 has a PC sync outlet which allows simultaneous flash triggering with that on the hotshoe (FL50). I've done that with my Metz flash (on AUTO) & I'm happy with the results ... but not the weight ;-)

Lucky chaps, now all go travelling :)

Cheers,

chancy said:
Hello Chii,

I understand that you have an E300 and may be aware that the FL50 design does not allow simultaneous use with the built-in flash. That aside, the FL50 is built to around a professional system that comprises external battery pack & works with the handgrip, where endurance & fast recycling time is a requirement.

That said, the FL36 compact dimensions is suited as a mate of the E300 for travel photography far better than the FL50. But I already have the latter than I'm not missing much except it's size :)

Cheers

Hi chancy,

Bought the FL-36 after much consideration.

Thx for the advice..

cheers

Hi ..

The $ for the E300 is $1530 at Allan Photo SimLim Square... cash and it comes with 1G compact flash..... not too sure about the GST.. AP gives good price for other cameras too! Check it out and discussion the $$$$ with the sales staff at AP! I got most of my stuff there.... but CF, SD or ... it is better if you shop around the 3,4 & 5 level of the building!!! You can get better bargain.. anywhere b4 you talk to them.. suggest you armed yourself with the price list from CP or MS...

Yappy said:
Hi ..

The $ for the E300 is $1530 at Allan Photo SimLim Square... cash and it comes with 1G compact flash..... not too sure about the GST.. AP gives good price for other cameras too! Check it out and discussion the $$$$ with the sales staff at AP! I got most of my stuff there.... but CF, SD or ... it is better if you shop around the 3,4 & 5 level of the building!!! You can get better bargain.. anywhere b4 you talk to them.. suggest you armed yourself with the price list from CP or MS...

does that price for the E300 include kit lens? and which one?

btw, anyone know if the FL-36 flash work with the E10/E20? as in the TTl function? the price looks pretty good to me.

nad said:
does that price for the E300 include kit lens? and which one?

btw, anyone know if the FL-36 flash work with the E10/E20? as in the TTl function? the price looks pretty good to me.

The Kit includes a E-300 body & the Kit lens 14~45mm

Status
Not open for further replies.