Olympus EM-10 SD Card Repair

Jeffsterial

Apr 2, 2012
Hi All,

My SD card was stuck in the camera due to the corner of it chipping off. I believe the SD card reader for the camera is ruin as even if i insert a new card. it reads "Card Error".
I need help if anybody knows how i can get it repair please.

Check the old card if the lock switch is set to on, slide it back the opposite direction to unlock. For new card you need to format it in camera to use it.
See your menu to find format function.

The service center of your camera brand should be the first approach.
'Card error' points out to a general problem as you suspect, no Format function will help here. In order to format the card the connection to the storage chip must be established - something that is not the case here.

A visit to OSC is required...

Hi all, I've roughly looked at the slot and saw that the pins are bent... anybody has any recommendation on repair place?

I've just emailed Olympus. they said that they don't repair this anymore because it doesn't have the production for the SD card reader module anymore... helppp :(

I've just emailed Olympus. they said that they don't repair this anymore because it doesn't have the production for the SD card reader module anymore... helppp :(

You emailed them..I bought a faulty em5 from a cs member who went to olympus service center who told him that there are no more spare parts for mk1 model and to buy a new camera.

This is business and the fact that after opening up camera it will not look like new.I still have em5 unrepaired after disassembly myself. Look at this disassembly and understand why olympus is not willing to do this work..it's not worth their time even for independent or freelance repairers. You will understand why it is so when you look at this diassembly tutorial.

At least all you have to do is replace the sd card holder but it is not for the faint hearted or inexperienced person who have no knowledge of electronics. Opening up is easy but the organisation of the various sizes of screws need careful planning and execution.