Olympus E300 or Olympus E500???

Status
Not open for further replies.

shuttershrudder

Jun 21, 2008
Hi all,im new to photography and im keen to own a dslr to make me start tis hobby.rite now im in a dilemma considering whether 2 get the olympus e300 or the olympus e500..need some advise on tis.as for starters i would get them second hand thou.im interested in outdoor n indoor phhotography,structures,wedding and landscapes..any advive would be appreciated thanks..:)

Both are pretty good cameras. The CCD gives very nice contrast & colours to your pictures. Personally I would prefer the E500 for the bigger LCD which gives better resolution and it's slightly lighter than the E300 and I prefer the looks of the E500 too. Otherwise, you can consider the Konica Minolta 5D or the Pentax K100D as well. :)

hi Galdor,thanks for the advise..in terms of functions instead,is there any difference to it???
errmm..like the ISO n stuffs..coz i guess i will be taking night shots often too..:confused:

If you require high ISO, I would suggest that you go for the Konica Minolta or the Pentax as they have ISO up to 3200 as compared to the 1600 of the Olympus moreover they comes with Image Stability feature, but if you really want to do night shots, I would suggest that you mount your cam on a tripod and use the lowest ISO to get the shot.

I have not used a E300 before but the handling of the E500 and the Konica Minolta 5D were pretty good.

the olympus does not allow the ability for night shots???roughly how much is the the pentax or the konica?wat model is tat?

as for the lens,is there any third party lense around for olympus???

the olympus does not allow the ability for night shots???roughly how much is the the pentax or the konica?wat model is tat?

Actually all cameras can do night shoot. You would also need good lenses to achieve better results. To achieve the best result, you can use any cam (Olympus, KM, Pentax) and mount it on a tripod. (The Tripod is the most crucial for night shots).

as for the lens,is there any third party lense around for olympus???

Yes, there are but not very commonly found. Just need to check with the shops if they have the lens for 4/3 mount.

If U like Oly systems, U can consider the new E420 or 520, quite affordable.

I would take the E-500. I think it's user interface is newer than the E-300 too.

You might wanna check out the Four Thirds forum here in CS. :)

hi guys,thanks for all the advice..errmm,wat kind of lens do i need 4 wedding,structures and landscapes shots then?was thinking if im gonna get the olympus dslr i might have to invest in some lens rite..so wat u guys suggest???

hi guys,thanks for all the advice..errmm,wat kind of lens do i need 4 wedding,structures and landscapes shots then?was thinking if im gonna get the olympus dslr i might have to invest in some lens rite..so wat u guys suggest???

If you are shooting weddings, I really recommend you to get the E-520. :)

For lenses, if you have the budget, the ZD 12-60mm SWD would be great. Or else the ZD 14-54mm or even the kit lens will do fine.

For telephoto lenses, if you have the budget, ZD 50-200mm SWD or cheaper, ZD 70-300mm

It really depends on your needs and budget.

Hi Dorts,wats the price like for the lens tat u mention?second hand rite?wats the diff between the e500 n the e520?

Hi Dorts,wats the price like for the lens tat u mention?second hand rite?wats the diff between the e500 n the e520?

Go check out the Four Thirds forum here. It has all the information you need. :)

for 50-200SWD about 1.3-1.6k that region if i'm not wrong,70-300 about 600-700 range,12-60 about 1.1-1.3k range if i;m not wrong,2nd hand 14-54 now can get even at 500 plus.

Difference between E-500 and E-520 is that E-520 is newer,bigger LCD screen,faster frames per second,better noise control,different sensor that allows live view,image stabiliser

yuh e520 very cheap now, dual lens with CFcard 2GB SGD 1100

yuh e520 very cheap now, dual lens with CFcard 2GB SGD 1100

with dual kit lens for start is definitely enough if got no budget...

Miel your price from SG?

I think the best set up still 12-60SWD and 50-200SWD

shd able to get it ard 3k for these 2 high grade lens..

Status
Not open for further replies.