Olympus E2 Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pynch

Feb 25, 2006
Singapore
www.flickr.com
Is the E1 a current or discontinued model?

On ebay, you can get a new E1 body for around US$500 to US$550 (completed listings). On B&H it is around US$680. The camera with lens (14-54mm) is only US$999, possibly cheaper than some used prices here. Why is the new price in the US so low if it is a current model?

How does the E1 compare to the new E330 in terms of build quality? The E1 is now obviously cheaper than the E330 or even the E500 in the States, even though it is supposedly a professional level camera. Is there a new E2 coming soon?

first of all it's not fair to take a 3 years old model to compare with 3 weeks old model!

the e-1 is a very good camera, a pro. with very solid built. i've heard many commented very positive aspects of this camera, i'm sure you can read about it in various forums. only that people is hoping that olympus can come out with the next pro model with higher resolutions, etc. that can allow capturing even model details for landscape pictures for example.

may be an E-1 owner will be more appropriate to explain on this...

shchow said:
first of all it's not fair to take a 3 years old model to compare with 3 weeks old model!

the e-1 is a very good camera, a pro. with very solid built. i've heard many commented very positive aspects of this camera, i'm sure you can read about it in various forums. only that people is hoping that olympus can come out with the next pro model with higher resolutions, etc. that can allow capturing even model details for landscape pictures for example.

may be an E-1 owner will be more appropriate to explain on this...
the e-1 is superbly built. i've taken in snow, sleet, and rain. no problem! i think the weather proofing distinguishes the e-1 from the rest of oly's current offerings.

i'm still pleased with my e-1 after all these years. it's a keeper for me! results are pleasant and i do not find the 5 mps restricting at all.

but tt's me. :)

E-1 ? Great pro D-SLR for your money !

I've purchased + 14-54 mm around 4 months ago with a very bargain price (lower than D50/350D !)

Color fidelity and great 3D on your pics are keys for Olympus E-1.

E1 + 14-54mm at cheaper than D50!

Wow, that is a super deal. Where and how did you get it and how much was it?

I am sure many would be interested as well.

At this sort of prices, it makes one wonder whether the E300, E330, E500 and for that matter, any other DSLRs are worth their money.

At Cameta, the price is really cheap for an E-1 with the battery pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.