Olympus E-PL1 night shots

Nice pictures!

what happened to your d50 ?
come to think of it i also quite miss horsea shots, you two are the king of night photography.

what happened to your d50 ?
come to think of it i also quite miss horsea shots, you two are the king of night photography.

Oh I sold it and bought the D3100. :)

Stich up some old photos for fun...:) (Nikon D3100)

panoramacitymbsedited.jpg

Last edited:
Trying out some sunrise/sunset shots for the first time. Hopefully it'll get better with more experimentation next time. (Nikon D3100) :)

DSC_0031a.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

Last edited:
Slightly earlier...
(Nikon D3100)

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

Last edited:
now all this compact is getting better and better , just wonder where will dslr be down the road. v gd pics thanks for sharing. enjoy

now all this compact is getting better and better , just wonder where will dslr be down the road. v gd pics thanks for sharing. enjoy

Thanks. In terms of picture quality, it's comparable with the full fledge dslr as you can see above. The only things that's lacking is the speed. So a full fledge still has it's place for now. :)

First try using HDR. :)
hdr-0006-0009.jpg

Happy new year, everyone!!!
DSC_0037.jpg
(Nikon D3100)

First pano for 2011, a better 2011 for all...:)

panorama1aedited.jpg

Wow! Great pics! I just bought a D3100 but not sure now. I might go for the Pen E-PL1 for it's compactness (going traveling soon!). What would you recommend? Also when I tried to see the settings you used I couldn't find them:(

^ Both are good in my opinion. Though E-PL1 would be better for travel due to it compactness i feel. :)

Omg! Really awesome night shots! Can give like a basic setting you would use for indoor night shots? Am using the ep-1 but every time the pictures I get is very grainy! Totally failed ;(

Grainy night shot? I suspect you set the ISO too high. :)

Try ISO 200, 8-30 secs, F8-11 for outdoor night shots. For indoor, I usually try not to use ISO over 800. However, if needed, I'll just clean up the noise with Lightroom. :)

Hope this helps. :)

Yeah I thought if it's dark then ISO should set higher? Guess I was wrong then, thanks for the great advice! ;)

Yeah I thought if it's dark then ISO should set higher? Guess I was wrong then, thanks for the great advice! ;)

Emm it won't be dark because you are using a long exposure. Setting the lowest ISO will ensure the noise are kept to a minimum. :)