Olympus E-420 Vs Ricoh GR2- Which one you choose

Status
Not open for further replies.

noidea

Sep 8, 2007
Hi, which one would you choose. Both is around the same price. Which you think will perform well & pictures quality disregard it size.

Thanks

DSLR vs compact (is it?)? Of course the DSLR!

DSLR vs compact (is it?)? Of course the DSLR!

yes, they are about the same price. I the the E-420 is lower. But if E-420 is better then i would go for the E-420 rather than the ricoh.
:dunno:

If you did some research, you would know that:

The GR2 is a basic rangefinder camera with a fixed (prime) lens. You cannot zoom or change the lens for a zoom lens. You only get digital zoom, which is never good.

You're comparing what is really a PnS with a DSLR. Of course the Oly E-420 is the better choice.

If you did some research, you would know that:

The GR2 is a basic rangefinder camera with a fixed (prime) lens. You cannot zoom or change the lens for a zoom lens. You only get digital zoom, which is never good.

You're comparing what is really a PnS with a DSLR. Of course the Oly E-420 is the better choice.

i quite agree with Rashkae on this,if you're comparing 2 dslrs that that's a different thing altogether

i quite agree with Rashkae on this,if you're comparing 2 dslrs that that's a different thing altogether

The reason why i don't compare 2 dslr is that both item is the same price and i just wondering which one is better. if i can buy a dslr like this e-420 have better quality picture than Ricoh GR2 then why people is still buy Ricoh GR2 ? I dun understand being the e-420 is better and cheaper.

The reason why i don't compare 2 dslr is that both item is the same price and i just wondering which one is better. if i can buy a dslr like this e-420 have better quality picture than Ricoh GR2 then why people is still buy Ricoh GR2 ? I dun understand being the e-420 is better and cheaper.

I'm not quite sure how to answer your question,but this is how i feel about this.Because E-420 is a DSLR capable of changing lens,it is more expandable compared to Ricoh GR2.To some people,they may just want a light camera and don't want the hassles of changing lens so they may choose the Ricoh GR2 over the E-420.To some people,quality may be top piority or might be of lower piority,which also affects their decision.In the long run,people may not want to spend too much money so still might choose the Ricoh GR2,this is what I feel la,don't take it as if i'm flaming anything hor :)

I'm not quite sure how to answer your question,but this is how i feel about this.Because E-420 is a DSLR capable of changing lens,it is more expandable compared to Ricoh GR2.To some people,they may just want a light camera and don't want the hassles of changing lens so they may choose the Ricoh GR2 over the E-420.To some people,quality may be top piority or might be of lower piority,which also affects their decision.In the long run,people may not want to spend too much money so still might choose the Ricoh GR2,this is what I feel la,don't take it as if i'm flaming anything hor :)

very good ! Let's disregard the lense changes and weight. Just compare the picture quality wise which one will be better ?

In some cases it's just the brand name... Ricoh thinks they have a great camera so price it accordingly. But head-to-head any recent DSLR can beat it except for size. :)

very good ! Let's disregard the lense changes and weight. Just compare the picture quality wise which one will be better ?

As stated... The DSLR.

Hi, which one would you choose. Both is around the same price. Which you think will perform well & pictures quality disregard it size.

Thanks

Have you made your choice and bought either one of them?
My vote goes to Ricoh GR. Portability was my greatest concern when i bought mine, GR1.

No prosumer/compact beats the sharpness of a dslr topped with a macro.
Definition of picture quality? You decide.

I have never enjoy photography as much as i did on Ricoh GR.

Some samples:

2277852592_7e2c1d695c.jpg

With external flash, manual mode.

2274314693_10a528b0ab.jpg

Infared filter attached.

I agree about the travel light part which makes ricoh very buyable, but for those people who want change lens sometimes, DSLR e-420 confirm give u more choices especially with pancake now, olympus quite delicious!

Another vote for the Ricoh GR2

Status
Not open for further replies.