Olympus E-300 at CP

Status
Not open for further replies.

kit_fisto

May 25, 2005
At home
Hi Olympus users! Saw the E-300 at CP just now, the sales person quoted me $1750 for the E-300, 2 lens, battery grip and 1 GB card! Those who are planning to buy it better do it fast. only 2 set left before the E-300 is no more and will be replaced by the E-500.

I think should wait for the E500 as this is already end of life.

the E500 is only $1370 with gst at AP. Free bag + tripod + 1gb kingston.

How about MS Color? Anyone knows how much they selling the E-500?

maybe u guys may wanna wait see if got any 2 lens kit coming out....
the 40-150 on it's own alreadi cost almost $400! if got 2 lens kit can save a fair bit of $$$

The sales person told me E-300 is a better cam than the E-500. Bigger LCD, can attatch battery grip, and something else, cant rem.

kit_fisto said:
The sales person told me E-300 is a better cam than the E-500. Bigger LCD, can attatch battery grip, and something else, cant rem.

Since when the E-300 has bigger LCD than the E-500? :sweat:

Looks like the salesman trying a fast one on you. :)

They probably pkg like E-300 promotion.

Agar half year later, HN will sell twin lens kit like E-300 at Rrp.
I may be wrong though, maybe this time pkg with 50-200mm. Hehe.

Salesmen usually try and be funny either with the free gifts or make you buy something else.

Btw anyone knows how much oem BLM sells, and fr which shop?

Thanks

get from eastgear @ peninsular.. $35...

i think i would be happy with a more robust body like that of e300.

i would like to believe that a larger lcd could mean shorter battery life.

another thing that i believe is that things can come and go. it doesnot mean that some newer models is better than old.

for eg. my trusty f10 nikon is still taking very good picture. in extreme cold or hot temp it is still working fine.

did anyine remembered nikon replace titanium shutter with aluminium one?
digitial camera will not work without battery but those trusty slr do.

some very good photo taken to date are still by slr camera.

face the fact, you would never be ahead of technology right. if you dont trust the sale person trust your own feeling.

I agree with drekster... a camera that allows good control and great pictures taking in the right hand will continue to do so till the day it dies. :)

If buying now, always go for the best and latest that one can afford.

Having said that, I am still moving from the E-300 to the E-500 as I prefer the smaller form factor (for my frequent travelling & site work), balance and have no need for the batt grip and remote cable.

e300 is suffient for me for now. i have seen e300 a class of its own. e300 is already newer than the e1. but i still think that although e1 is older in tems of technology it doesnot means it take bad photo.

if i would upgrade i would definitely see if e1 or e3 is better. not another eX00series.

Status
Not open for further replies.