Olympus DC Owners With Noise / Hot Pixels Problems Please Look Here

Jayan

Jan 18, 2002
Hougang, SG
Visit site
Originally posted by syncmaster
Thanks man .
Even if i do not have any problem ,knowledge is power ;)

Yea! same here only have problem on longer exposure though(have not remap/update yet). I also tried the two which Jayan recommend but I found Photo-Brush give better result on removing hotpixels/noise.;)

Originally posted by luisg

Yea! same here only have problem on longer exposure though(have not remap/update yet). I also tried the two which Jayan recommend but I found Photo-Brush give better result on removing hotpixels/noise.;)

Ssshhhhh.......FOC don't complain so much lar!!! :D

BTW, Photo-Brush is also produced by Mediachance, the company that provide HotPixels Eliminator and BlackFrame NR FOC right??? I went to their website...it costs abt US$38 per copy.

Where did u get ur copy of Photo-brush from????

Originally posted by Jayan

Ssshhhhh.......FOC don't complain so much lar!!! :D

BTW, Photo-Brush is also produced by Mediachance, the company that provide HotPixels Eliminator and BlackFrame NR FOC right??? I went to their website...it costs abt US$38 per copy.

Where did u get ur copy of Photo-brush from????

:D Yeah it was by mediachance also. I download my copy from there and find file to cr_ck it! ;)

if have time, will try sample tonight and post here! :)

hmm i have a coolpix 995 and it has an irritating hot pixel on most pictures i have unless i turn on noise reduction. maybe i should look into this kind of hot pixel software, do tell us how well it works.

Originally posted by luisg

:D Yeah it was by mediachance also. I download my copy from there and find file to cr_ck it! ;)

if have time, will try sample tonight and post here! :)

Oh I see....ahem....where can find the cr**k????

Erm hem....I see u all miss me out....

Where can I find *cough* the thingy *cough* too ah?

I like the program Photobrush too :D and also strongly recommend the 2 programs Jayan suggested too. I've used it and it works great :)

Originally posted by Blitz
Erm hem....I see u all miss me out....

Where can I find *cough* the thingy *cough* too ah?

I like the program Photobrush too :D and also strongly recommend the 2 programs Jayan suggested too. I've used it and it works great :)

Trial version of Photo-Brush u can find in http://www.mediachance.com, as for the *cough* use a serach engine lar....

how does qimage hot pixel removal filter fare compare to these?

Apparently, the C5050 has a pixel mapping function. This function serves to eliminate hot pixels. U need to run the function once every few months. Cool huh?

Instruction on the manual mentioned run the pixel mapping once a year... ??

dun know if anyone bought this up.
but just to share wif you guys this cool software for checking of Dead/Hot pixels.
:)

Dead Pixel Test

Originally posted by star77
dun know if anyone bought this up.
but just to share wif you guys this cool software for checking of Dead/Hot pixels.
:)

Dead Pixel Test

Knew abt it and had used it long ago.....

Anyway, thanks for bringing it up for the benefit of those who don't know abt it.

Thanks!!!! :)

Took some long exposure shots on Sheares Bridge recently (in manual mode) with the C750 and forgot to turn on Noise Reduction (NR)!! Duh?!

Result is most of the shots above 2s have hot pixels.

Been searching around for some tools to help fix the problem. Tried some of the stuff you guys mentioned here but what works for me is the following combo:

1. Use PixelZap/PZapGui (http://www.tawbaware.com/pixelzap.htm)
2. Followed by NeatImage

BTW, PixelZap/PZapGui demo version only handles images up to 640x480 ... so to use fully it must "register it" **ahem*ahem** ;)

Cheers,
Davey