Olympus Camera User Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klause

Jan 17, 2002
Bedok
Visit site
Hi guys! Seems that a lot of you guys are using Olympus camera, why not start a thread dedicated to olympus talk =P.

Originally posted by Klause
Hi guys! Seems that a lot of you guys are using Olympus camera, why not start a thread dedicated to olympus talk =P.

Hi Klause, count me in!!! ;)

I'll like to join in too...but probably may not be able to contribute as much as you guys cos' I am really new in photography.

hi guys ...how much is the lens for 3040 zoom....any body knows.....thinking of getting one cos zoom on my present digi not enough?

Originally posted by marlin
hi guys ...how much is the lens for 3040 zoom....any body knows.....thinking of getting one cos zoom on my present digi not enough?

There're various types of add-on lens for thr Olympus range of DC.....I assume u r refering to the Teleconverters in ur case.

Olympus B-300 1.7x HQ TC --> $280
Olympus C-210 1.9x HQ TC --> $70

Originally posted by Jayan

There're various types of add-on lens for thr Olympus range of DC.....I assume u r refering to the Teleconverters in ur case.

Olympus B-300 1.7x HQ TC --> $280
Olympus C-210 1.9x HQ TC --> $70

Wow!! How come 1.7x much more expensive than 1.9x?:eek:

Originally posted by duckling

Wow!! How come 1.7x much more expensive than 1.9x?:eek:

The B-300 is a large diameter TC made in Japan with excellent zoom range.

Whereas the C-210, although got higher magnification, is smaller in size and has some pretty bad vignetting problem except at max zoom.

It's not that the C-210 is no good, just that the B-300 is much better.

Quality difference lah! ;)

The C-210 is meant more for a smaller lens while the B-300 is larger and will work better with more cameras.

Originally posted by mpenza

There will still be a bit of vignetting even at the extreme zoom of the lens.

..... then i probably have to buy the B300 already... but probably going to burn my pocket for it =P

Heard that the C-180 (1.7x) works better and costs the same as a C-210. you might want to try it. using a smaller aperture (larger #) would probably reduce vignetting as well.

the c210 and c180 doesn't work on the c700uz at all range without vignetting.

Originally posted by Klause
I would like to join in as well. :rbounce:

Hi guys,

I am torn between 2 choices. Have talked to some Gurus and they have given very good advises but still can't decide. I want to get a lens adaptor and UV filter. Later I may want to use TC or WC lens. IF I use CLA-1 lens tube and step up to 52mm then I can use the C210 or C180 later. But, it will give me flash shadowing and bla bla flash problem. If I take lens tube that step down to 37mm then no flash problem but 37mm TC may give me Vignetting problem and can't use C-210 and C-180 anymore. What do you guys think?

:dunno:

Anyone here interested to go to city and take night shots with your camera on Saturday 26th/Jan ? Please sms me at 94784518. Will meet @ city area ard 5pm. Anyone?

Originally posted by Kevin
Hi guys,

I am torn between 2 choices. Have talked to some Gurus and they have given very good advises but still can't decide. I want to get a lens adaptor and UV filter. Later I may want to use TC or WC lens. IF I use CLA-1 lens tube and step up to 52mm then I can use the C210 or C180 later. But, it will give me flash shadowing and bla bla flash problem. If I take lens tube that step down to 37mm then no flash problem but 37mm TC may give me Vignetting problem and can't use C-210 and C-180 anymore. What do you guys think?

:dunno:

if you are to get a wide-angle converter, it'll definitely block the flash. And for 37mm threaded teleconverter, it'll likely block the flash as well unless yu get those monoscope type.

Status
Not open for further replies.