Olympus Camera Promotion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by ivor
Allow me to triple confirm...

please give us the name of the 'retail shop' to purchase from.

Thks.

I'm eyeing mjuII QD - at $115!! for a f2.8 lens!

The diff between the C730 & C740...

C730
- 1/2.7" CCD
- 1 - 1/1000 sec
- f/2.8 - f/3.5
- LCD 1.5" 114,000 pixels
- xD & SmartMedia Storage
- 107.5X 76X77.5 310g

C740
- 1/2.5" CCD
- 16 - 1/1000 sec
- f/2.8 - f/3.7
- LCD 1.5" 110,000 pixels
- xD Storage
- 107.5X66X68.5 295g

The biggest difference is that the C740 uses a brand new all glass lens that significantly reduces chromatic aberraration. But that only occurs in high contrast areas. If that's not a problem then the cheaper C730 is better.

the_tick, actually based on the sale price list, the C730 is $50 more than the C740.

Ivor, can you clarify how we should indicate our interest in the purchase? Do we PM you or e-mail you? Do we need to place any deposit? When can we expect to get hold of the camera that we would like to purchase?

Originally posted by the_tick
The biggest difference is that the C740 uses a brand new all glass lens that significantly reduces chromatic aberraration. But that only occurs in high contrast areas. If that's not a problem then the cheaper C730 is better.

C740UZ is actually cheaper if you notice.....

Originally posted by subhuman
Ok. Olympus C-730/740 Vs Nikon CP3100 Vs Canon A70?

Which one??!!!

what i liked

C740: 10X zoom, supports TIFF file format, can reuse the SmartMedia card previously used on my Fujifilm digicam

Nikon 3100: :dunno:

a70: manual controls at a cheaper price ;)

yeah ..i also want to know is this promotion just a hoax or true ?
if so where can we see such promo in local stores ?

I am still waiting for a confirmation mail from Olympus fellow that sent the initial mail...

Originally posted by illusion
what i liked

C740: 10X zoom, supports TIFF file format, can reuse the SmartMedia card previously used on my Fujifilm digicam

Nikon 3100: :dunno:

a70: manual controls at a cheaper price ;)

FYI C740 uses xD. C730 uses both SM and xD.

I am still waiting for a confirmation mail from Olympus fellow that sent the initial mail...

Looking forward to the confirmation :)

:embrass: I am very sorry to say that I made a mistake, somehow this is only for staff purchase. I can try to help whoever but no confirm.

:embrass:

hahaha .... u dun have to be sorry ... in fact many ppl will be thankful tat the promo is not open to public ... hahaahah .... including myself .... :D

wah... how can like that... hahahaa... so i guess i'll just stick to my other choice, the Canon A70.

Or should I go for Nikon CP4300?

Same manual functions, more or less... but higher pixels.

Should I? Should I?

:embrass: I am very sorry to say that I made a mistake, somehow this is only for staff purchase. I can try to help whoever but no confirm.

:embrass:

aiyah ...make us happy for nothing ....
or can help me buy at the staff price ? :embrass:

Which model are you looking for, I can try to help but no confirm.

Originally posted by wira1
aiyah ...make us happy for nothing ....
or can help me buy at the staff price ? :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.