Olympus C730UZ - External Flash?


Status
Not open for further replies.

rncw

Senior Member
Oct 26, 2002
1,928
0
0
Singapore / Japan / China
#1
hi, just like to find out other than the original FL-40 flash, what are other options? are any 3rd party external flash for the 730uz?
 

M

Midnight

Guest
#4
Originally posted by rncw
hi, just like to find out other than the original FL-40 flash, what are other options? are any 3rd party external flash for the 730uz?
The C-730UZ will work with just about any other flash with PC sync cable connection. However, if you want a flashgun that works in TTL mode, the current available alternatives to the FL-40 are (a) the Metz 32MZ-3 or 54MZ-3 (actually, there are a few more compatible models in that series, but these two are the popular choices); and (b) the Promaster 5550DX or 5750DX. One of the regulars on the DPReview Olympus Talk forum has put together a pretty useful writeup on flash options for Olympus digicams.
 

rncw

Senior Member
Oct 26, 2002
1,928
0
0
Singapore / Japan / China
#5
thank alot Tweek & Midnight !!!

Tweek: where did you bought the flash, cable and bracket? i understand that the flash & cable can be bought at AP or CP but how about the brancket?

Midnight: any idea what are the price ranges like for the mentioned flashes?

so it's Metz 32MZ-3 or 54MZ-3 + FL-BK01(bracket) + FL-CB01(cable)?

or

Tweek's combi?
 

SianZronG

New Member
Sep 2, 2002
1,417
0
0
Punggol
www.1stjournal.com
#6
saddly all olympus compacts don't have a hotshoe :( it would look alittle awkward to have a external flash.... on a bracket...
but still it's the only way to light thigns up... :D
 

SianZronG

New Member
Sep 2, 2002
1,417
0
0
Punggol
www.1stjournal.com
#7
Originally posted by Midnight
The C-730UZ will work with just about any other flash with PC sync cable connection. However, if you want a flashgun that works in TTL mode, the current available alternatives to the FL-40 are (a) the Metz 32MZ-3 or 54MZ-3 (actually, there are a few more compatible models in that series, but these two are the popular choices); and (b) the Promaster 5550DX or 5750DX. One of the regulars on the DPReview Olympus Talk forum has put together a pretty useful writeup on flash options for Olympus digicams.
so a) and B) choices can be found locally?

and it can utilize olympus ttl capabilities? that's great... always though there was only one camera which can use which is the FL-40... :D
 

SianZronG

New Member
Sep 2, 2002
1,417
0
0
Punggol
www.1stjournal.com
#9
Originally posted by Acieed
C-5050Z, E-10, and E-20 got hotshoe ;)
as for e-10 /20 cause not compacts...

the 5050 is the only one which has it... 1 / many many :D

throughout the c-xxxxz series and c-xxxuz sercies... :D
 

rncw

Senior Member
Oct 26, 2002
1,928
0
0
Singapore / Japan / China
#10
what about the SCA 3202? does that comes with the flash or have to be purchased seperately? what's the price range like?
 

Tweek

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,027
0
0
39
East
www.weekai.com
#12
Originally posted by rncw
thank alot Tweek & Midnight !!!

Tweek: where did you bought the flash, cable and bracket? i understand that the flash & cable can be bought at AP or CP but how about the brancket?
no probz. Bought the flash (Vivitar 285hv) from Fotoguide, the cable (FL-CB04) from AP, and the bracket from CP. CP has some variety of brackets, L or straight ones, hanging on the display wall next to the camera pouches.
 

SianZronG

New Member
Sep 2, 2002
1,417
0
0
Punggol
www.1stjournal.com
#13
Originally posted by Tweek


no probz. Bought the flash (Vivitar 285hv) from Fotoguide, the cable (FL-CB04) from AP, and the bracket from CP. CP has some variety of brackets, L or straight ones, hanging on the display wall next to the camera pouches.
dose it run on TTL?
 

Acieed

New Member
Sep 11, 2002
372
0
0
-
www.anduin.net
#14
Originally posted by SianZronG
dose it run on TTL?
Don't think so, only as Auto/Manual. Save up and get the FL-40 ;) TTL, bounce/swivel, GN 40 meters and AF Assist illuminator.
 

omega

New Member
Jul 10, 2002
58
0
0
Yishun
Visit site
#15
Originally posted by Tweek


no probz. Bought the flash (Vivitar 285hv) from Fotoguide, the cable (FL-CB04) from AP, and the bracket from CP. CP has some variety of brackets, L or straight ones, hanging on the display wall next to the camera pouches.

How much did u pay for those? Anyone tried using canon speedlite on the camera? Wonder if it works.

Btw, wat's the price for the remote control and the wide angle len? Is the remote control useful? Thanks :D
 

SianZronG

New Member
Sep 2, 2002
1,417
0
0
Punggol
www.1stjournal.com
#16
Originally posted by omega



How much did u pay for those? Anyone tried using canon speedlite on the camera? Wonder if it works.

Btw, wat's the price for the remote control and the wide angle len? Is the remote control useful? Thanks :D
i guess it will work but only in auto / manual mode there issn't a TTL mode.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom