Olympus C720 Query

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Blade

Hi,

I am new to the world of digital photography, i jus bought the olympus c720uz, i realized for night shots whenever i zoom to the max, the images are blurred or rather very blur. Could it be because my hands very unsteady or should there be any setting that i should set? Is this normal for digital cameras?
Can anyone out there help?
Thanks!:confused:

Originally posted by Blade
Hi,

I am new to the world of digital photography, i jus bought the olympus c720uz, i realized for night shots whenever i zoom to the max, the images are blurred or rather very blur. Could it be because my hands very unsteady or should there be any setting that i should set? Is this normal for digital cameras?

Did you use a tripod? Night shots will usually be blur if you did not use one. :)

Originally posted by Blade
Hi,

At 8x zoom.....any slight movements are magnified 8x too!!!

Especially in nite shots whereby the lighting is bad and the shutter is open for a longer period of time....which translate to a blurry pix.

Get a tripod.

Your camera is using a slow shutter speed due to the low-light conditions, and this will result in camera shake no matter how steady you may think your hands are. :)

A tripod (and cable release or remote control) will definitely help in stabilising the camera, but it won't help to freeze the motion of your subject if you are taking photos of people or other animate objects. Your other alternatives are to use flash and/or a higher ISO setting (the latter will introduce noise into the image).

Look around the Web if you need further introduction to the technical basics of photography, especially the whole concept of exposure. There are resources aplenty out there. :)

not just a tripod, you would probably want to use the timer to minimise any possible shake caused by depression of the shutter button.

8x zoom night shot handheld, even built in Image Stabilizer wouldn't help at all.

blade,
can share your camedia version 4?:p

Originally posted by looteer
blade,
can share your camedia version 4?:p

Another vote for that , i am offering ftp space if i got it first ,so to help and some others too . ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.