Olympus C700UZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfgang

Apr 29, 2002
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
Hi.

As for now, i am still trying to learn and find out more abt the Oly C700UZ. Since this thread belongs to the Olyumpians, i'm curious to find out if anyone has anything good or bad to say abt it... (esp abt the chromatic abr)

Kindly advise.

i like it becos

- it is sleek.. small for a 10x zoom dc
- 10x zoom
- manual controls
-

i dun like it becos

- image quality
- chromatic aberrations
- very poor nite shot capabilities
-

Thank you Zhapchit...

I have a question. If there is actually manually adjustment, wouldn't be it easier or better for night shots?

And is this camera good for beginners like myself?

Anyone else?

Kindly advise.

Originally posted by Wolfgang
Thank you Zhapchit...

I have a question. If there is actually manually adjustment, wouldn't be it easier or better for night shots?

And is this camera good for beginners like myself?

Anyone else?

Kindly advise.

hmmz not sure what u meant by 'easier or better'. But don't expect too much for nite shots as the noise level is quite bad.

"And is this camera good for beginners like myself?"
Yes definitely. This camera will definitely stay quite long with you unless you're looking for better image quality and willing to forgo the 10x zoom power :D

what will be your main use for this camera?

Originally posted by zhapchit

hmmz not sure what u meant by 'easier or better'. But don't expect too much for nite shots as the noise level is quite bad.

"And is this camera good for beginners like myself?"
Yes definitely. This camera will definitely stay quite long with you unless you're looking for better image quality and willing to forgo the 10x zoom power :D

what will be your main use for this camera?

Main use?

To learn how to use a camera and follow up on my interest on photogaphy.

To take nature shots.

To take night shots. (I was told that to take night shots.. try to "cool" down the cam by not turning on the LCD... is that true?

Or not too take too many pictures at one time...

Main use?

To learn how to use a camera and follow up on my interest on photogaphy.

To take nature shots.

To take night shots. (I was told that to take night shots.. try to "cool" down the cam by not turning on the LCD... is that true?

Or not too take too many pictures at one time...

Then go for the C-2100uz lah...price and features almost the same...just that C-2100uz got Image Stabilizer and a little bigger in size. Not as 'noisy' as the C-700uz during long exposures + chromatic aberration is minimal......

To cool down the CCD no use turning off LCD...switch off whole DC better........

But!!! To pack such a powerful lens + all these feayures into such a small chasis.....no one else in the mkt has anything similar to the C-700uz!!! ;)

Originally posted by Jayan

Then go for the C-2100uz lah...price and features almost the same...just that C-2100uz got Image Stabilizer and a little bigger in size. Not as 'noisy' as the C-700uz during long exposures + chromatic aberration is minimal......

To cool down the CCD no use turning off LCD...switch off whole DC better........

But!!! To pack such a powerful lens + all these feayures into such a small chasis.....no one else in the mkt has anything similar to the C-700uz!!! ;)

I see. Just how much does the C2100UZ cost?

And what does it come with?

The package i was looking at cost me ard $880
and has the following.

Olympus C700 + 32Mb + Batt & Charger + Adobe Element

Is the C2100UZ bundled with anything else?

I see. Just how much does the C2100UZ cost?

And what does it come with?

The package i was looking at cost me ard $880
and has the following.

Olympus C700 + 32Mb + Batt & Charger + Adobe Element

Is the C2100UZ bundled with anything else?

Nope....C-2100uz promo over liao....now cheapest u can find in town (try CP) is $900 incl. GST.

Originally posted by Jayan

Nope....C-2100uz promo over liao....now cheapest u can find in town (try CP) is $900 incl. GST.

Sigh... not bundled with anythign at all... Hmm...

I would need to consider...

Another question:

Is it newbie friendly?

Yes, put it in full-auto mode and it'll be another point-n-shoot digital camera. :)

Plus there's no need to buy extra lens adapter to attach add-on filters or lens...there's a 49mm thread on the lens barrel...u can screw on any 49mm filter or lens directly.

Even if the thread size is not right...u can always get a step up/down ring.

The only shortcoming of the C-2100uz is the external flash system.

U have to get a mounting bracket, flash sync cable, and the very expensive (but excellent) Olympus flash to extend ur flash range beyond the in-built pop-up flash range of 5m.

Anyway, don't worry too much abt this pt.....the pop-up flash is typical of all DCs......can handle most situatons well.

Well, thanks for all the advice. I guess i have made up my mind after fiddling around with the C700UZ.

I'll be getting it soon so i'll look out for the next time when you get have a day out to go photo taking and i'll pick up even more pointers from everyone.

Well, thanks for all the advice. I guess i have made up my mind after fiddling around with the C700UZ.

I'll be getting it soon so i'll look out for the next time when you get have a day out to go photo taking and i'll pick up even more pointers from everyone.

congrats on your decision. I hope u have done thorough comparisons on the different DCs :)

Inform me when u got the DC...I'll update ur name in the List of Olympians....;)

Status
Not open for further replies.