Olympus C700UZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfgang

Apr 29, 2002
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
Hi, does anyone here own a Olympus C700UZ?

Is the chromatic abr problem as bad as it said to be?

Is there anyway to minimise or correct that problem?

Kindly advise.

Thank you. :)

Originally posted by Wolfgang

Kindly advise.

Thank you. :)

So far I have 13 Olympians using the C-700uz, u can find them at the thread below:

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2207

It is not that bad. Acceptable.

Can use Photoshop to get rid of it. Very effective.

Yes, it is not that serious. Take a look at my gallery below and see if CA is obvious to you.

it's only very obvious when u have very contrasty lighting. e.g. shooting trees against bright sky. Most of the time post processing with Photoshop will be able to get rid of it.

Can u enlighten me how to do it with photoshop?

Hi. Thank you for sharing yoru galleries, for both of you.

I would just like to enquire if it's possible for an amatuer like myself to fully ultilize the camera and learn how to use it.

I am an utter beginner, using only the AF functions for SLRs and auto cameras. No other experience beyond that....

So.. well, woudl it be a suitable camera for me?

Hi. Thank you for sharing yoru galleries, for both of you.

I would just like to enquire if it's possible for an amatuer like myself to fully ultilize the camera and learn how to use it.

I am an utter beginner, using only the AF functions for SLRs and auto cameras. No other experience beyond that....

So.. well, woudl it be a suitable camera for me?

Yes of course. The camera has point & shoot capabilities in Auto mode for beginners. You can slowly advance to manual settings in future when the need or interest arise.

Originally posted by azone

Yes of course. The camera has point & shoot capabilities in Auto mode for beginners. You can slowly advance to manual settings in future when the need or interest arise.

Well, i guess that abts settles it for me.

Now to meet up with the rest of the people who are attending the SEED and seek their final opinion before i go ahead and get it...

If size is not an issue, don't forget to look at C2100. ;)

About? Around how much?

Kindly advise.

C-700uz abt $900....C-2100uz abt $950...these prices are excl. GST (u can try to bargain though....).

In Jan this yr I got the C-2100uz from AP @ $950 which incl. GST + Hoya 49mm UV guard (single-coat) filter. On top of that still got FOC promo items from Olympus Sg --> 64MB SM card + Oly tripod + Oly camera bag + photography course.........

Originally posted by Jayan

C-700uz abt $900....C-2100uz abt $950...these prices are excl. GST (u can try to bargain though....).

In Jan this yr I got the C-2100uz from AP @ $950 which incl. GST + Hoya 49mm UV guard (single-coat) filter. On top of that still got FOC promo items from Olympus Sg --> 64MB SM card + Oly tripod + Oly camera bag + photography course.........

Whoa... thats alot of FOC stuff...

i wonder what are the items that comes bundled now.

And the C2100UZ uses the smart media card right?

Kindly advise.

Whoa... thats alot of FOC stuff...

i wonder what are the items that comes bundled now.

And the C2100UZ uses the smart media card right?

Kindly advise.

Sadly, the super-promo for C-2100uz is over liao...I'm one of the last few who managed to get it.....

But you can always try to squeeze the retailer to incl. GST + throw in free UV filter to protect the lens....

Yes, C-2100uz can use SM cards up till the max cap available in the mkt i.e. 128MB.

Originally posted by Jayan

Sadly, the super-promo for C-2100uz is over liao...I'm one of the last few who managed to get it.....

But you can always squeeze the retailer to incl. GST + thrown in free UV filter to protect the lens....

Yes, C-2100uz can use SM cards up till the max cap available in the mkt i.e. 128MB.

I guess i will go source ard.

Thanks for the advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.