Firstly, that was not a personal attack, sorry if you took it to be one. Just want to open your perspective up a bit, cos c700 is capable of nice night shots, it depends on how well you know it.
Some samples from Azone's gallery (sorry azone, a direct link)
Or you can check out my niteshots gallery at http://www.weekai.com
, tho mine are not as nice as azone's I think.
Azone also had some tips for nightshots by C700uz at his website:
1. Set Sharpness to HIGH
2. Set Contrast to NORMAL/HIGH
3. Set ISO to 100
4. Off the camera when not taking any pictures to cool it down (reduce noise/hotpixels)
5. Avoid previewing pictures too often to prevent heating of camera (reduce noise/hotpixels)
6. Tripod is a must when taking pictures with/without optical zoom
7. Recommended to use Timer mode to eliminate the slightest shaking of camera when pressing the shutter button
8. Avoid using more than 2 seconds of exposure, where noise/hotpixels will be obvious
And yes, I agree that C700uz has more serious noise problems than other DCs, but when used properly, it has a lot of potential for very good shots. If you have the time, check out zhapchit's galleries too.
Btw, this is not an attempt to fight between C700 and C2100. Just wanna give a little more credit to C700, cos it's not as bad as you think it is.