Olympus C3020Z or C2040Z??

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BuzzLightyear

Been playing around wif film cams (slr) for more than 10 yrs now. wanna get myself a new digitial one.

Been narrowing down to this 2 DCs. Which one should i go for?? I know C3020Z is a newer model, has a higher megapixel, but the lens is not as bright as C2040Z and is 200 bucks more ex.

I have also considered Nikon Coolpix 885, Olympus 700 and Olympus 2100. But I have a tight budget of 800 bucks, give or take 100 bucks. Which one should i get, or should I wait a bit longer for prices to drop since new 5-6 megapixels DCs are coming out?

Hmm, my first choice is c2100 too. But its a bit way out of my budget at $950 (quoted by AP). Furthermore, my budget is inclusive of buying extra rechargeable batt, filters, and media cards. so buying c2100 stretches a bit.

Even purchasing c3020 is already stretching my budget. However, I was wondering whether the promotion for c3020 is still on (free 32mb smart card, battery+charger etc.)

Originally posted by BuzzLightyear
Hmm, my first choice is c2100 too. But its a bit way out of my budget at $950 (quoted by AP). Furthermore, my budget is inclusive of buying extra rechargeable batt, filters, and media cards. so buying c2100 stretches a bit.

Even purchasing c3020 is already stretching my budget. However, I was wondering whether the promotion for c3020 is still on (free 32mb smart card, battery+charger etc.)

CP selling at $900 w/gst

Have not seen pics of C3020Z b4 but I highly recommend C2040Z :)

However, if u really can fork out a bit more, might as well get C2100UZ. I think it's really worth the price and sometimes when I think of my C2040Z's 3x zoom, I don't dare to go do the zoo :( *Bang wall*

Been playing around wif film cams (slr) for more than 10 yrs now. wanna get myself a new digitial one.

Been narrowing down to this 2 DCs. Which one should i go for?? I know C3020Z is a newer model, has a higher megapixel, but the lens is not as bright as C2040Z and is 200 bucks more ex.

I have also considered Nikon Coolpix 885, Olympus 700 and Olympus 2100. But I have a tight budget of 800 bucks, give or take 100 bucks. Which one should i get, or should I wait a bit longer for prices to drop since new 5-6 megapixels DCs are coming out?

The C-3020z is abt $850 while the C-2040z is abt $650.

I assume u know their specs already so I won't spend time on those.

According to ur budget...the C-2040z seems more appropriate, but the C-3020z, though having a slower F2.8 lens (still pretty fast, IMHO), has 3.3MP + inbuilt NR.

The C-2100uz has a 38mm ~ 380mm Image Stablized zoom lens...very useful in situations whereby u do not wish to startled ur subjects or has difficultyies using a tripod....the IS really can give u good pix a few shutter speed slower (it's not magic though, a slow shutter + ultra-shaky hands will still ruin the pix).

Siewsphone is selling off his 3 months C-2100uz (to get the smaller C-700uz, he felt the C-2100uz too bulky) with a whole load of accessories for $850. I think that's a good buy. Maybe u would like to contact him???

Hey, thks guys. been really helpful.

Went to take a look around (not AP) today to take a look at some cams.

Personally, I feel c2100 is a bit bulky. I would like one cam which I am able to carry around easily. Been slugging slr around for a looong, wanna have a change. so c2100 is out... Furthermore, i think i have quite steady hands, so I can get one without a stabilizer.

as for c3020 and c2040, i personally prefer c3020 grip and design, plus the 3.3 megapixel. The shop out of c2040, but i have seen it before last week. c2040 is very nice too, but the model is a bit older than c3020. personally, i am one of those who like newer models.so guess its c3020 for me. going to get these couple of weeks.

but i was wondering is the free gifts still on for olympus?? the saleswoman i met jus now knows nuts abt her stuff, keep on babbling "dunno leh, dunno leh, this one not bad lah, that one not bad too." Irritated.

C2040 is a pretty 'old model' without NR
Personally I think 3020 is much nicer as well, in sleek black

If u want something that's small and feature-rich u may wanna consider the Oly C-40z....but it's abt $1.1K ~ 1.2K.

The C-3020z is good.....u'll not regret getting it.

As for the freebies promo...best is to ask Oly Sg....they're the ones giving out the freebies.

Call 1800-OLYMPUS.

OMG!

Can anyone tell me whether C3020z is discontinued? cos I submitted request for quotation for C3020z to AP, their reply is that the camera is discontinued! Think should be a mistake somewhere, rite?

OMG!

Can anyone tell me whether C3020z is discontinued? cos I submitted request for quotation for C3020z to AP, their reply is that the camera is discontinued! Think should be a mistake somewhere, rite?

I just saw the camera in the display of Alan Photo

OMG!

discontinued products can still be on sale ;p

OMG!

C-3040z is discontinued...C-3020z I don't think so.....have u tried other sellers???

Status
Not open for further replies.