Olympus c2040

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerdie

Feb 14, 2002
harlow,

i was wondering if anyone knows any webpage on this camera that deals with the technicalities of the camera

thanks

regards,
nerdie

Originally posted by nerdie
harlow,

i was wondering if anyone knows any webpage on this camera that deals with the technicalities of the camera

thanks

regards,
nerdie

What u need to knwo? So far I count more than a dozen C-2040z users in this forum, they may be able to help.

harrows,

i wanna know things like the best focal length and stuff. how to take the best macros.

regards,
nerdie

harrows,

i wanna know things like the best focal length and stuff. how to take the best macros.

regards,
nerdie

What do u want to know abt those?

Post specific qns so that the C-2040z users here can help u. :)

harrows,

i don't really have any specifics.
i just wanna know more about my camera.

anyway, where to get the lens adaptor and how much ah>
thanks

regards,
nerdie

harrows,

i don't really have any specifics.
i just wanna know more about my camera.

anyway, where to get the lens adaptor and how much ah>
thanks

regards,
nerdie

The Olympus CLA-1 Lens Adapter costs abt $30, u can try the usual places...AP, CP, MS Color, John 316 etc.

harrows,

thanks for the lens adaptor thing. so with an adaptor what can i put on? lens?

and also, why does my date keep resetting itself? and what does the SLOW1 SLOW2 flash mean?

thanks

regards,
nerdie

harrows,

thanks for the lens adaptor thing. so with an adaptor what can i put on? lens?

and also, why does my date keep resetting itself? and what does the SLOW1 SLOW2 flash mean?

thanks

regards,
nerdie

I uses the C-2100uz not the C-2040z, but I assume the interface is abt the same.

U can attach filers or convertor lens onto the lens adapter, the thread size is 43mm (???, can someone confirm this???).

But some C-2040z users had cautioned that the lens may extend a little bit beyond the len adapter, so the lens might crashed into thin filter. A step-up ring (e.g 43mm to 49mm) will be useful in this case, effectively extending the length of the adapter by a few mm....of course u'll have to buy diff size filters but that's not a problem.

Under 'MODE SETUP'...did u set the 'ALL RESET' to 'OFF'??? If it's "ON' then whenever u power down the DC and then switch on again, all settings will reset. If not, then the date backup batt in the DC is flat.

Slow1 and Slow2 r syncronized flash modes for long exposure. Slow1 flash at the start of the exposure, while slow 2 flash at the end of the exposure. Read ur manual...it should mention this.

harrows,

Date: nopes, i set to Custom mode, so it shouldn't reset. unless it's because everytime i take out my battery to recharge then the dates reset itself, then that's damn sad man.

regards,
nerdie

harrows,

Date: nopes, i set to Custom mode, so it shouldn't reset. unless it's because everytime i take out my battery to recharge then the dates reset itself, then that's damn sad man.

regards,
nerdie

The DC should have a back-up Lithium-Ion batt to keep the date intact up to 7 days.

harows,

that means i must go back to the dealer to get it changed?

regards,
nerdie

Sometimes change also no use, sekali the whole batch lidat how? Best is go back to Oly Sg to ask them replace the batt...then also use the opportunity to upgarde ur firmware to the NR version.

Why not u 1st go and chk with the rest of the C-2040z users to see if they got this problem b4 taking action???

I've listed down 13 users incl. urself in my Oly DC thread.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2207

harows,

that means i must go back to the dealer to get it changed?

regards,
nerdie

its stated in the manual, if you take out the batteries for more than 1 hours, date will reset.

if I don't remember wrongly it should be 1 hour

Originally posted by Jayan
[Best is go back to Oly Sg to ask them replace the batt...then also use the opportunity to upgarde ur firmware to the NR version.

May I know where to do the upgrading of firmware? Is it free and how long does it takes?

Thanks dude.

Originally posted by janzguy
Originally posted by Jayan
[Best is go back to Oly Sg to ask them replace the batt...then also use the opportunity to upgarde ur firmware to the NR version.

May I know where to do the upgrading of firmware? Is it free and how long does it takes?

Thanks dude.

U can ask Oly Sg to do it, it's free as long as the warranty is in effect....will take 1/2 - 1 hr at most....or u can go back and collect the next working day if u cannot wait.

But normally I won't advocate this unless the DC is giving the user trouble or has hot/dead/stuck pixel problem. If it ain't broken why fix it???

The Olympus Singapore Service Centre is at Valley Point, River Valley Road.

See http://www.e.olympus.com.sg/web/home/home.nsf/HmDigi for directions.

Status
Not open for further replies.