Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
ClubSNAP
simon.clubsnap.org
Olympus has today announced the C-720 Ultra Zoom, this camera is an update to the C-700 Ultra Zoom. The C-720 UZ appears to have a reduced zoom range, the C-700 UZ had a 10x optical zoom, the C-720 UZ only 8x. The C-720 UZ is expected to be available in June with a US street price of $599.

More Details at DPreview

Taken from dpreview:

The Japanese site 'Miscall' (who used to be associated with Dreamarts) has again managed to be the first website to publish samples from a new camera. This time it's a pre-production Olympus C-720UZ, the 8x optical zoom, 3 megapixel update to the C-700UZ. This new camera has certainly generated quite a bit of interest but as of yet it appears this camera may only be released in the US and Asia (not Europe).

Images can be found

here

I personally think this update from C700 - C720 is really just use a c700uz casing and add in a higher pixel chip then reduce the zoom to 8x.

Not worth getting since the est. price is around the same as C700uz unless you wan the extra pixel.

What I wish they could have done:

Noise Reduction(The nightshot from both camera is still too noisy)
IS (Since an older model has IS, why not C720?)
Reduce in price(hopefully, but if they give me the above 2 feature, I won't mind paying 1k for it.

-Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.