siewsphone

Feb 7, 2002
Visit site
S$970.00 free with purchase ( while offer/stock last ) without GST
- 64Mb smartmedia card
- BU-40SE charger kit
- Photo Element software

Good deal?

Hmm....so so lar....if can get $900 incl. GST even better.

The freebies r promo stuffs given by Oly Sg by the way.

Originally posted by Jayan
Hmm....so so lar....if can get $900 incl. GST even better.

The freebies r promo stuffs given by Oly Sg by the way.

I get the E-quote from AP, $930 without gst, but they said no freebies....

latest from AP,

> Olympus c2040-----------------------$690
> Olympus c700uz----------------------$940

All prices quoted are exclusive of 3% GST
By Mr HK Tan

i'm interested in getting the c700 too, but the prices in japan at $550 is really putting me off at buying one here. anybody going japan? i'm not sure if the instructions are in english though. anybody knows? and more importantly, anyone going there soon? :gbounce:

You go there and get it.. then you get japan warrenty.. not worth it really ley.. In singapore, got give so much free gift and also got 1 yr warrenty.. more worth it.

Originally posted by baiyun
mine c700 bought in japan...everything in japanese...
kind of regret buying it..........

The menu is in Japanese......unless u can convince the local Oly Svc Centre to flash it to the English version (might cost u, though).

The menu is in Japanese......unless u can convince the local Oly Svc Centre to flash it to the English version (might cost u, though).

anyone tried and know how much it costs?

Originally posted by Klause
You go there and get it.. then you get japan warrenty.. not worth it really ley.. In singapore, got give so much free gift and also got 1 yr warrenty.. more worth it.

as from the website

WARRANTY

There are two (2) types of warranty from Olympus Singapore.

• Singapore Domestic Warranty
For digital products that have been purchased in Singapore and will be used in Singapore, warranty will be valid for one (1) year from the date of purchase.

• Worldwide International Warranty
For any camera products that have been purchased in Singapore and other countries , warranty will be valid for one (1) year from the date of purchase.

• Service Warranty
For any products that have been repaired and charged, warranty will be extended for three (3) months from the date of collection.

so warranty should be no problem right? its just the instructions...

do u want to buy it?
it's 6 mths old.......
comes with 2 8MB card, 1 128MB card, UV filter, circular polariser,
star effect filter, power adapter, usb cable
if u want, can also buy my charger MW intelligent charger, and 2 sets of 4 rechargable batteries...
pls give me a quote through email at baiyun@yahoo.com
if price reasonable...i might just sell it cos now under utilized.......

Originally posted by LifeWorld

Do you want to sell it?

Originally posted by mpenza
for warranty, you just get the export models with international warranty. should be fine.

what about the instructions..do the export sets have instructions in english?:gbounce:

hmm...export set think only that place in tokyo...hmm...arkihabara(sp?) have....cos when i went to shinjuku....all the cams i saw were in japanese, manual also.......
but seems arkihabara export sets are more ex than the jap ones.....so in the end if u want english version might end up paying more

Originally posted by fastwatch
latest from AP,

> Olympus c2040-----------------------$690
> Olympus c700uz----------------------$940

All prices quoted are exclusive of 3% GST
By Mr HK Tan

i'm interested in getting the c700 too, but the prices in japan at $550 is really putting me off at buying one here. anybody going japan? i'm not sure if the instructions are in english though. anybody knows? and more importantly, anyone going there soon? :gbounce:

i was at this corner shop(2nd floor) opposite a shop called NOBEL(if i remembered correctly) today at SL, i casually ask for the price of the only c700 in the shop, was quoted $735 straight(from a 40yish, brown hair, tan skinny guy, wearing a thick gold chain). i'm very sure i heard correctly, he even keyed it out onto the calculator. i havent made up my mind abt what i really wanted to get (see other post at http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3642), so sadly, did not buy it. To note, another person beside me immediately asked abt the same cam also, and was quoted $950 by another sales staff. i wonder how they do stuff around there..

if you want to get it, you can try your luck there or elsewhere. i believe a price of $900 or less is possible. just stuff whatever you want to pay into your wallet, say $850(no more and no less, and keep all those credit cards), and when quoted more, just pull the whole wad of cash out and start counting. then say you have ony $850, and whether it'll do. sometimes, it works. at least for me:D(for some other stuff), cause for the shops, a small profit is better than none, especially for those ulu ones, where they do not get as much hype as AP and CP, and are waiting to move their goods out fast.

Originally posted by fastwatch

i was at this corner shop(2nd floor) opposite a shop called NOBEL(if i remembered correctly) today at SL, i casually ask for the price of the only c700 in the shop, was quoted $735 straight(from a 40yish, brown hair, tan skinny guy, wearing a thick gold chain). i'm very sure i heard correctly, he even keyed it out onto the calculator. i havent made up my mind abt what i really wanted to get (see other post at http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3642), so sadly, did not buy it. To note, another person beside me immediately asked abt the same cam also, and was quoted $950 by another sales staff. i wonder how they do stuff around there..

if you want to get it, you can try your luck there or elsewhere. i believe a price of $900 or less is possible. just stuff whatever you want to pay into your wallet, say $850(no more and no less, and keep all those credit cards), and when quoted more, just pull the whole wad of cash out and start counting. then say you have ony $850, and whether it'll do. sometimes, it works. at least for me:D(for some other stuff), cause for the shops, a small profit is better than none, especially for those ulu ones, where they do not get as much hype as AP and CP, and are waiting to move their goods out fast.

Be very careful. It might be a sale tactics. When you want to buy, they would say no stock, quote wrongly, or last display set. Then they would encourage you to buy another model or brand which is usually at very high price.

Ya its been the same sales mtd since got such thing as elec gds... they make u think that their store give gd price and recommend something else you dun know the mkt price when they tell u no stock... if customer blur enough, he will think that the alternative is also a good deal and end up carrot chopped...:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.