Olympus C-700UZ users, pls come in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckling

Jan 19, 2002
Tiong Bahru
Visit site
Hi guys,

after I attached the lens adapter and Hoya multi-coated UV guard - 52mm, my orginal Olympus lens cap no longer fits. John 3:16 is kind enough to give a lens cap but I felt that it looks kinda cheapo. What are you guys using, pls share your experience with me.

Do you usually take out the lens adapter, together with the UV guard after shooting - store camera w/o lens adapter, hence orginal lens cap is applicable.

I guess, I'll need another camera pouch or bag cos' camera cannot fit original pouch after lens adapter attached. Any other ideas, pls share with me.

Thank you.

Originally posted by duckling
Hi guys,

after I attached the lens adapter and Hoya multi-coated UV guard - 52mm, my orginal Olympus lens cap no longer fits. John 3:16 is kind enough to give a lens cap but I felt that it looks kinda cheapo. What are you guys using, pls share your experience with me.

Do you usually take out the lens adapter, together with the UV guard after shooting - store camera w/o lens adapter, hence orginal lens cap is applicable.

I guess, I'll need another camera pouch or bag cos' camera cannot fit original pouch after lens adapter attached. Any other ideas, pls share with me.

Thank you.

It doesn't matter if the 52mm len cap is cheapo. Its just a piece of plastic to protect the lens, so no difference if its a $3 one or $10 one. Mine looks cheapo too. :)

I store my dc is a dry cabinet, so usually I'll remove the adapter before storing.

Yup, you'll need another camera bag to store the DC with lens adpater, as well as extra filters, batts, etc. Get a bigger one.

Me too! I take out the adapter and lense then store it in my 'home-made' drybox. Just bought a lowepro camera bag from CP.

Originally posted by Klause
Me too! I take out the adapter and lense then store it in my 'home-made' drybox. Just bought a lowepro camera bag from CP.

Oh? How much did you buy the bag? Which model is it?

guess you could get a more professional looking cap too :) you probably would want to leave the adaptor on all the time, rather than removing after every sooting session.

Originally posted by azone

Oh? How much did you buy the bag? Which model is it?

Same as Mega's. Mini Trekker or something.. Cost me 120 dollars with a piece of anti-static cloth(retail is 20bucks)

Originally posted by duckling
Hi guys,

Thank you.

I use a cheapo lens cap too, brandless, but cost me a whopping $8. Kena conned.

I do not advise to remove the lens adaptor AT ALL unless you need to clean the lens...C700UZ has got a gap between the lens assembly and the lens barrel, and dust/smoke/sand gets in rather easily. I already got a small speck of dust in the interior, think it went in when I removed the lens adaptor for cleaning. Thankfully it's too small to appear in the pictures. So, while you can, keep the lens adaptor and UV filter on 100% of the time to seal the bugger up! :)

I use the lowepro DRes 220Aw or something like that. A nice and snug fit for my c700uz with lens adaptor.

Status
Not open for further replies.