Olympus C-700 and C-4040 VS Canon G2

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Encino

Hi

Any Olympus C2040 users and C-700 users? Please post your comment on your DC against Canon G2. I'm in the dilema of buying one of the three described. I will be doing more outdoor and night shots. I will also do macro shots too. Please include the lens adapter or teleconverter that is good for each of the camera. I really hope that you guys can help me. I do not want to waste money on the wrong equipment.

By the way, I do have a Canon EOS 300 SLR.

I really need your help on this topic cos all have their pros and cons. The best is can post a few pixs.

Tweek

Jan 17, 2002
East
www.weekai.com
My very personal opinions:

nightshots: go for G2, handsdown

macro shots: go for c700uz, 10x zoom with a closeup filter is very useful

best value: go for c2040z

for outdoor shots, all three cams are fine. But C700uz tends to exhibit more noise than the other two.

for wildlife/animal photography, c700uz, 10x zoom.

teleconvertor for all 3: Olympus B300. Others to consider are Olympus C210, C180, or Canon's own TC for the G2 (dunno the model).

Please visit my website for pix by the c700uz. ;)

ultrazoom

Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by Tweek
Please visit my website for pix by the c700uz. ;)
Which of the pictures at your site are taken with the C700UZ? Are you using any TC for it?

Most of your pictures (if taken with C700UZ) doesn't seem to exhibit as much noise as mine. Have you ever sent it for a firmware upgrade?

Tweek

Jan 17, 2002
East
www.weekai.com
Originally posted by ultrazoom

Which of the pictures at your site are taken with the C700UZ? Are you using any TC for it?

Most of your pictures (if taken with C700UZ) doesn't seem to exhibit as much noise as mine. Have you ever sent it for a firmware upgrade?
most of them are...like 90% of them. Those by film are very obvious, cos the scan quality is lousy. Only a couple are by A20 and FP2300. Yup I have sent my c700uz for the firmware upgrade, so it's a bit better for nightshots, not so much hotpixels. For normal noise, I do use some noise reduction software to reduce the noise, so maybe that's why my pics are less noisy than yours. Oh yah, I don't have a TC so the pics are taken without TC. ;)

azone

Jan 20, 2002
azone.clubsnap.org
Agreed with tweek that other than night shots, C700 should be able to meet your requirements. Night pics are a little more tricky for C700 and you may have to spend a little more time tweaking them in PS.

Take a look at our galleries and compare with other G2 users in the forum and then decide for yourself. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.