Olympus C-5050Z Lens Adapter/Step-up Ring...

Status
Not open for further replies.

recce

Juz bought the combination of Olympus CLA-1 adapter (41 -> 43mm) + Step-up ring (43 -> 52mm) + HOYA 52mm UV filter for permanently attach to my C-5050Z to protect the fragile lens.

Juz wondering is there a "simpler" adapter in the market that once attach to the camera can directly attach filter to it? Rather than need additional stepping ring?

Also, is there a reason why the step-up ring must be of 43 -> 52mm instead of just 43 -> 49mm, so that the blockage of view when using the viewfinder at wide angle won't be that large??

:dunno:

Why didn't you just get a 43mm UV lens?

Understand that with the Olympus original CLA-1 adapter, you cannot directly attach filter to it, or else the lens will hit against the filter when power on.

I'm wondering whether is there any non-Olympus made adapter that can fit the 41mm thread of the C5050Z lens, and yet can directly attach filter to it without the problem of the lens hitting the filter?

Then even with the Olympus original CLA-1 adapter, does anyone knows the reason why the step-up ring must be of 43 -> 52mm?? Any particular logic behind..??:dunno:

Appreciate if anyone can help to clear my curiousity..:embrass:

This issue about hitting the lens thingy was raised before. It doesn't really hit the lens. But hey, if you are uncomfortable, then no choice, have to put the adapter with step up ring. I believe 41mm is a unique size that Olympus has ... but they have a 41-57 adapter or something like that ..

my step up ring is 43-49mm, think 52mm is more popular for filters and other lenses, so it is better.
by the way, im using 2040.

cheers

oh.... so 43 -> 49mm step-up ring is working fine also.... :)

guess is like what you said, likely is coz 52mm filters are more common so the shop that I bought from straight away took out 43 -> 52mm step-up ring + 52mm UV filter for me... :confused:

me also blur blur didn't ask if I can go for 49mm one instead...:embrass:

thanks for clarifying my doubts...;)

i use to have a 43mm - 46mm steup up ring for my C-4000z.... so that i won't block my viewfinder and the flash! always flash must take off the adapter shoot liaoa then put back...

hi

i bought a compatible adaptor from 41mm to 52mm for 5050Z. only concern is in matt silver color.

Status
Not open for further replies.