Olympus accesories for C2040/C3040

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultramagnus

Mar 10, 2002
Rivervale
Visit site
Hi, I shld be getting a Oly camera (c2040/c3040) anytime this month (after researching for almost a month). Pls advise which of the following are essential items that I shld get at one go together with purchase of DC & the price:

1. 128sm. any recommended brand?
2. CLA-1 lens tube
3. step up ring : to 49mm, 52mm or 37mm? which better?
4. macro lens
5. uv filter
6. tripod
7. camera bag. any particular one to recommend?
8. battery charger & batteries. any recommended brand?

Appreciate your reply asap.

C-3040 is out of production already....... althought still good.

C-2040 is new, cheap and cheerful, also 3 MP (right??)

C-4040 is the best, coz i own one. no serial port compared to C-3040.

well, you will need the tripod......

SM128, you will definately need it... any brands will do..... only original olympus will do panorama... ask about warranty. at least 1 year is good...cost S$80-100... me still looking for a cheap one.

got a camera bag at takashimaya for 19.90, excellent one. will post you a picture later tonight if possible.

not too sure about additional lenses, me also looking for them and finding out on its uses.....

also get the rayovac... charger, weights about 1.4kg but alright lah.......

very fast charging about 1 hour 8 min (max) for 1600mah batteries....

about S$80.

Originally posted by looteer

C-4040 is the best, coz i own one. no serial port compared to C-3040.

well, you will need the tripod......

SM128, you will definately need it... any brands will do..... only original olympus will do panorama... ask about warranty. at least 1 year is good...cost S$80-100... me still looking for a cheap one.

got a camera bag at takashimaya for 19.90, excellent one. will post you a picture later tonight if possible.

not too sure about additional lenses, me also looking for them and finding out on its uses.....

I'm selling 2x64mb smartmedia (scandisk and N plus) for 75 dollars

C2040 is old, discontinued and 2MP.....

Originally posted by Klause

I'm selling 2x64mb smartmedia (scandisk and N plus) for 75 dollars

klause, if you haven't sold them off by late May/June, do you think I can rent your 2x64mb SMC for about 1 month? Need them for my Europe trip...let me know ok? Thanks!

thanks all who contributed esp. looteer. btw, on the USB terminal you mentioned, I read from dpreview that C3040 is USB terminal whereas C4040 is USB interface, what is the difference?

a USB is a USB.... both means the same.... of course now there is a new USB version 2.0 standard. but for now i haven't seen a digital camera with that yet.....

for c-3030 you have USB + serial (just in case for backward compatiblity, but slow transfer rate)

for c-4040 you have USB only....... of course you have the TV out also....

sorry busy haven't been able to post that pic for you....

but go slow for the accessories..... that's what i m doing.... just buying the necessary items first...... batteries, charger, tripod....lenses, bags, tripod can come later.... but a least a 64mb is necessary...

actually c3030 is discontinued, c3040 is still new.....

actually you can consider c-3020, which is cheap and cheerful..... 3MP camera, with a not so fast/bright lense....

if you are new to shooting i recommend you get it with a camera a free training course if you buy from a reputable dealer. may be more expensive than SLS but course is very useful. i have learned a lot from my course, with a day-trip to malacca.

picture of camera bag
x4.jpg

Holds everything!!
x1.jpg

In case of rain........
x3.jpg

x2.jpg

how come can see links only, cannot see pictures??

anyway just follow the link......

anyone can enlighten me?? thanks

how come can see links only, cannot see pictures??

anyway just follow the link......

anyone can enlighten me?? thanks

Did u use the 'IMG' setting under 'vB Code' when posting?

I notice that looter uses cheerful to define C2040Z and C3020Z

I was really happy when I got my C2040Z (my first digicam) but can explain how the camera is cheerful? hee :D The colour of it?

actually i meant the price is cheerful...... :bsmilie: :dent:

Status
Not open for further replies.