Olympus 730

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

orainbow_99

Hello all experts out now, esp C730 owners,

I'm thinking of buying Olympus C730.

Can someone share your experience in using this camera?

What are the common problems encountered when using this?

Would you recommend this for purchase?

Thanks a lot!

Beside low light problem for indoor shots, it is a great camera. Beware of steady hand in handling this 10x optical zoom 'monster'

Check my page www.pbase.com/chyeheng for lots of picture done
using C730

I have a great time with this camera

Why not you try c740? Upgraded version of C730 and it's cheaper too!:cool:

if i were you, i will invest in a all-weather dc...c730 is not all weather...which means it will froze up in temperate countries

Chye Heng

I am impressed with your photos
for your European Alps trip and Bintan with all that pasture

May I know what resolution mode did you use to store your photos for the 2 trips, especially if you use 10 x zoom (was the resolution 2048 * 1536 or 1600 * 1200...)

a) yours seems to be 1024 * 768 , yet it produces the clarity at the expanded post card size.

b) wander if to shoot out the photos on a projector ( max reso 1920 * 1080) ..what is the reso that the photos have to be taken & stored

a) what was the max digital zoom that you use up at the alps or any other far away shots ..?

b) Can you share what settings/mode you use to capture both white mountains, maybe lakes and the green pasture ? ( I own a c 730)

I am totally new to photo taking

Besides the rather slow zoom in/out, this cam is excellent with loads of features.

Here are some of my samplers

http://www.pbase.com/aolof

Originally posted by nosaj
if i were you, i will invest in a all-weather dc...c730 is not all weather...which means it will froze up in temperate countries

so which line of cameras do u think fit what u describe ?

7ways:dunno:

Originally posted by sevenWAYS
so which line of cameras do u think fit what u describe ?

7ways:dunno:

lookout for the all weather sticker on some Olympus DC. metal body DC are mostly "all-weather"

chyeheng, aolof. Love u guys' photos. Puts mine to shame. :p

Do comment on wat I have done though, give ur honest opinion. I know I have a lot to learn. :D

www.pbase.com/erictay_et

They are mostly done on the 730UZ after I bought it for like 1 week. Haven't fully explored its features yet then.

Now, I'm quite familiar with the camera and besides the higher than average noise issue, I love this camera. ;)

Now, I'm concentrating on how to take good pictures.

Your pictures look pretty good to me... ;) Just have to say, shoot more... ;)

Thanx ivor, but I think it lacks something. Some punch perhaps. Is it my composition? Lack of a theme?

I'm trying to let the pictures emote a feeling. Not just a nice photo that doesn't speak to the viewer... :dent:

Originally posted by nosaj

That what I heard also.

Having only started photography early this year, I'm no expert myself.

But here's my 2 cents : Some of your photos are nice. But like you said they lack something. It's your composition. They look normal. Just like how anyone would look at a subject and just snap away.
There's no wrong way to take a picture, but a scene may create equally appealing photos with different composition.
Experts will tell you about framing, contrast, balance etc...which till now I still get a headache. But my rule of thumb is just to try to look at a subject/scene with a different perspective and keep it simple. Yeap. It won't be easy. So practice is the keyword. And looking at more photos taken by experts helps alot to expand creativity.

Originally posted by e_t
chyeheng, aolof. Love u guys' photos. Puts mine to shame. :p

Do comment on wat I have done though, give ur honest opinion. I know I have a lot to learn. :D

aolof, thanx! :cool: I will go find out more on how to compose a picture to give them a mood or theme.

Can olympus 730 use 256mb smart media or xd card?

For your info, the max capacity for SmartMedia Card is only 128MB... ;)

Originally posted by bergkamp33
Can olympus 730 use 256mb smart media

Originally posted by apex
That what I heard also.

however, i do see some winter pixs taken using C730UZ...wondering if it can really take that kinda
temperature.

However, did hear from a supplier at PC Show that
by adding a underwater housing makes the dc
"all-weather"

do check out my pics postings taken using C730 :

http://www.photosig.com/go/users/userphotos?id=122905

Status
Not open for further replies.