Olympus 5060

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizmo

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
Fyi to all.. juz saw this at the Olympus booth at CK Tangs today.. retailing at $1399.. :bigeyes:

Gizmo said:
Fyi to all.. juz saw this at the Olympus booth at CK Tangs today.. retailing at $1399.. :bigeyes:

Parallel import from European Countries, no warrenty in Singapore.

I dun think CK Tang would set up an Olympus booth with parallel-imported products as big departmental stores usually deal with local vendors/suppliers that give warranties for their products.

Saw it at park way best connection. Significantly bigger than the C5050.....

There is one unit on display in the Harvey Norman Centrepoint, but no price tag. Look cool... anyone getting??

ivor said:
There is one unit on display in the Harvey Norman Centrepoint, but no price tag. Look cool... anyone getting??

Hi all, F.Y.I. yesterday my friend got 1 unit at Harvey Norman for $1399. Got free olympus drybox and package includes remote. :gbounce:

Seem like diff branch offer diff package. Today I went to Harvey Norman Millennium Walk, it was bundle with tripod, camera bag and 128Mb.
Price at $1,399.

The camera is very good... don't really feel the shutter lag compare to C-5050Z... however, for the 4X wide zoom of 27-110mm, the f/stop were down to 2.8-4.6 compare to C-5050Z of f/stop 1.8-2.6

The best of all, I love the the B-HLD20 Batt Grip. Look cool... ;)

In my 2 cents opinion, if one doesn't mind the f/stop, it is a good DC to consider.

ivor said:
The camera is very good... don't really feel the shutter lag compare to C-5050Z... however, for the 4X wide zoom of 27-110mm, the f/stop were down to 2.8-4.6 compare to C-5050Z of f/stop 1.8-2.6

The best of all, I love the the B-HLD20 Batt Grip. Look cool... ;)

In my 2 cents opinion, if one doesn't mind the f/stop, it is a good DC to consider.

Hmmm.... I guess the olyumpus serivce centre is lying to me ....... :bheart: :cry:

Just updated the price at CP today.

C-5060WZ - $1,200
Underwater Housing - $300

Has anybody bought this cam? Would like to hear from you what you feel about its performance and features. I intend to upgrade and this cam is one of my choices and am also waiting to see if Canon G series will come out with another cam soon. Not particularly impressed by the 5060's swivel which can flip upward instead of outward as in the case of Canon and Nikon. In flipping upward to take a self-portrait shot, the LCD would be obstructed if you use a mounted flash unit. U don't face such problem with the Canon or Nikon's swivel.

What was told to you by them...??

blurblock said:
Hmmm.... I guess the olyumpus serivce centre is lying to me ....... :bheart: :cry:

In my opinion, how the LCD swivel which way depend on your usage... if you think the Nikon or Canon served you well, then go for them...

But the helpfulness of the LCD is to be able to see what you shoot above eye level, eg. in a crowded area... and to be able to see what you are shooting below waist level.

Guess what?? C-5060 is able to do both.

redstorm said:
Has anybody bought this cam? Would like to hear from you what you feel about its performance and features. I intend to update and this cam is one of my choice and am also waiting to see if Canon G series will come out with another cam soon. Not particularly impressed by the 5060's swivel which can flip upward instead of outward as in the case of Canon and Nikon. In flipping upward to take a self-portrait shot, the LCD would be obstructed if you use a mounted flash unit. U don't face such problem with the Canon or Nikon's swivel.

ivor said:
....the helpfulness of the LCD is to be able to see what you shoot above eye level, eg. in a crowded area... and to be able to see what you are shooting below waist level.

and to be able to see what you are shooting sideways ......and behind u

Can anyone compare the shutter lag between the 5060 and the G5? Which is faster? :D

Huh?? Isn't the picture not going to be sharp... since one cannot even hold the DC firmly and properly...??

ed9119 said:
and to be able to see what you are shooting sideways ......and behind u

In my opinion,

1. They are on the diff class... NOT the MP, but the C-5060 is a wide lens 27, while G5 is of 35mm.

2. Haven't try G5, but I personally can tell you that C-5060 would be a winner over G5 on the shutter lag thingy.

Maybe one can try both DC at the shop, or wait for Phil Askey to do review on the C-5060, and then compare between the G5 shutter lag.

Gizmo said:
Can anyone compare the shutter lag between the 5060 and the G5? Which is faster? :D

Dinesh used to own the G3 and just bought the 5060 last week..... he's confident that the shutter lag on the 5060 is shorter than the G5's

I had a go at the 5060 at Cathay today too and the lag did seem lesser. I own a G5.

Status
Not open for further replies.