Oly lens price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicaks

Jun 2, 2005
Hi Oly user...

Anybody know Singapore market price for Zuiko Digital 50mm/F2 and 50-200mm/F2.8-3.5? the cheapest I can find in d net is coming from tristate (they post at ebay, cheaper than official tristate website): 50-200mm @USD779 .... and 50mm @USD414...
Thanks Bro...:)

Wicaks said:
Hi Oly user...

Anybody know Singapore market price for Zuiko Digital 50mm/F2 and 50-200mm/F2.8-3.5? the cheapest I can find in d net is coming from tristate (they post at ebay, cheaper than official tristate website): 50-200mm @USD779 .... and 50mm @USD414...
Thanks Bro...:)

tristate official site doesnt ship to singapore. Ebay the shipping charges might be higher, double check before u buy

Thx bariq.....I heard we can use VPOST USA...then the shipping charge will be: USD25 (tristate shipping charge within US)+VPOST charge(US-Sin about S$7 for 1st 10kg)+GST (5%)....

Hi guys,

These are the prices Cathay Photo quoted me last week:

1. Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm F2.8-3.5 Lens @S$1000
2. Olympus Zuiko Digital 50mm F2.0 Macro Lens @S$840
3. Olympus Zuiko Digital 50-200mm F2.8-3.5 Lens @S$1600

As usual, prices are exclusive of GST.

I am targetting that 11-22mm, it looks like an extremely good lens, fast, sharp and distortion free for an ultra wide. But probably have to save for a year!! :bsmilie:

thanks for the info!

currently waiting for comex and see if oly will be displaying their lens and having offers...

I heard rumors from some threads in the dpreview that there maybe some promo coming in Sep. Also can wait for comex, see if Olympus singapore decides to price their lens competively. Dunno how they charge more expensive since there is international warranty.

Does anyone know the price of olympus lens in HK? Is it similar to US? Air tickets are SOOO cheap nowadays. might as well fly to HK.

Anyway, my brother is studying in US, thinking of getting him to send me the 50-200mm. I think the lens price will drop somemore as it was $729 after rebate in July. So we KNOW the 50-200mm can sell for $729, probably sometime soon.

promo coming in sep? oly better lower down the price of the lens...

i think the price of the other lens will drop when the much awaited 3 lens is launched.

if oly did not lower the price of the lens, can seriously considering MO from the states liao. :think:

wind30, u r lucky to have a brother studying there! :bsmilie:

wind30 said:
I heard rumors from some threads in the dpreview that there maybe some promo coming in Sep. Also can wait for comex, see if Olympus singapore decides to price their lens competively. Dunno how they charge more expensive since there is international warranty.

Does anyone know the price of olympus lens in HK? Is it similar to US? Air tickets are SOOO cheap nowadays. might as well fly to HK.

Anyway, my brother is studying in US, thinking of getting him to send me the 50-200mm. I think the lens price will drop somemore as it was $729 after rebate in July. So we KNOW the 50-200mm can sell for $729, probably sometime soon.

when is your bro coming back from states for holiday? :sweat:

wind30 said:

I think the mail in rebate is over in US. If you read in the forums of dpreview many ppl are angry about oly's refusal to accept their mail in rebate forms coz they missed the FEDEX shipping number... hmmm what shipping number got to do with rebate when u have the product serial number :dunno:

bariq said:
I think the mail in rebate is over in US. If you read in the forums of dpreview many ppl are angry about oly's refusal to accept their mail in rebate forms coz they missed the FEDEX shipping number... hmmm what shipping number got to do with rebate when u have the product serial number :dunno:

ya I know the rebate is over but the fact that olympus can make money selling it for $729 :) so it is very likely there will be further rebates or even a outright price drop of $100 soon. Can wait. I don't believe in buying electronics stuff that cost more now than 2 months ago :) feel like been cheated, where got electronics price more expensive now than before. PRICE SHOULD FALL AND FALL :)

wind30 said:
ya I know the rebate is over but the fact that olympus can make money selling it for $729 :) so it is very likely there will be further rebates or even a outright price drop of $100 soon. Can wait. I don't believe in buying electronics stuff that cost more now than 2 months ago :) feel like been cheated, where got electronics price more expensive now than before. PRICE SHOULD FALL AND FALL :)

Agreed, i planned to buy the 200mm but now waiting to see the specs of the upcoming E body before deciding where to invest ;)

is the price mention in US or SGD?? Thanks pals

tao said:
Hi guys,

These are the prices Cathay Photo quoted me last week:

1. Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm F2.8-3.5 Lens @S$1000 + S$50 = S$1050
2. Olympus Zuiko Digital 50mm F2.0 Macro Lens @S$840 + S$42 = S$882
3. Olympus Zuiko Digital 50-200mm F2.8-3.5 Lens @S$1600 + S$80 = S$1680

As usual, prices are exclusive of GST.

I am targetting that 11-22mm, it looks like an extremely good lens, fast, sharp and distortion free for an ultra wide. But probably have to save for a year!! :bsmilie:

I can see prices r dropping.... that is good news. Lens too. ;p

bariq said:
Agreed, i planned to buy the 200mm but now waiting to see the specs of the upcoming E body before deciding where to invest ;)

I also want to see the next BIG Thing (E System body) and how it perform too. ;p

Hey guys, buying lens is an investment, but body I'm afraid is not. So, we should separately save and plan for lenses and body.

No matter what new E-body comes out, the 50-200mm or other great Oly lenses will still perform as it is now, or even better. Good lenses are asset.

I felt that I's nut getting such an expensive 50mm macro initially, but now I realise that, it's indeed worth the money! It's a keeper.

ykkok said:
Hey guys, buying lens is an investment, but body I'm afraid is not. So, we should separately save and plan for lenses and body.

No matter what new E-body comes out, the 50-200mm or other great Oly lenses will still perform as it is now, or even better. Good lenses are asset.

I felt that I's nut getting such an expensive 50mm macro initially, but now I realise that, it's indeed worth the money! It's a keeper.

Hi there, how good is that 50mm macro? Heard good things about how sharp it is. Thinking of getting one.

For vpostUSA there is another base charge. So have you decide to order from them?

I am getting more and more interested in this 50mm macro lens but the current local price of $882 is a little too steep for me.

Wicaks said:
Thx bariq.....I heard we can use VPOST USA...then the shipping charge will be: USD25 (tristate shipping charge within US)+VPOST charge(US-Sin about S$7 for 1st 10kg)+GST (5%)....

i am the new owner of 50mm macro lens, this lens is fantastic at that price. Hope to upload some macro shots real soon .

Status
Not open for further replies.