Olmypus C5060 Problems


Status
Not open for further replies.

kahheng

Senior Member
Jan 20, 2002
1,481
1
38
bride.ru
#2
michaelnct said:
Endless problems from Olympus C5060WZ, no matter when you bought it. If you know exactly whats going on and the solutions (from Olympus). Pls share with us.
Like what? Be specific.

You say "us", meaning you and whom else?

BTW I haven't had any problems with mine. There were a spate of issues with the initial batch of 5060 in Singapore, but AFAIK, they've been fixed one way or another by Oly.
 

Stepney

New Member
Feb 15, 2004
69
0
0
#3
Mine is ok since day one...

There is a good on-line olympus resource that has a lot of information. You can do a search on altavista or yahoo to find out more...
 

#4
The common problems annoying C5060 users out there are:-

1) ESP Metering menu poping up with no reason
2) Arrow kep pad malfuntion
3) Shooting modes dial malfunction
 

#5
kahheng said:
Like what? Be specific.

You say "us", meaning you and whom else?

BTW I haven't had any problems with mine. There were a spate of issues with the initial batch of 5060 in Singapore, but AFAIK, they've been fixed one way or another by Oly.
that's why I created this thread, what solutions and explanation given by Olympus to the affected users. As I know, not only Singapore's C5060 facing this problems, I fact, worldwide.
 

Pinkishy

New Member
Dec 29, 2003
236
0
0
Singapore, Opera Estate
#6
there were some discussions regarding this some time back,

and i personally experienced this problem too when i bought my cam.

All of us in here who had this problem subsequently got our sets exchanged for new batches and have no problems ever since.

I presume you just bought your cam and you have the same batch problem. Just simply go back to OLY to exchange. The new batches have no problems at all.. :)

Now we're all v happy with our 5060.. right? ;p
 

#7
Pinkishy said:
there were some discussions regarding this some time back,

and i personally experienced this problem too when i bought my cam.

All of us in here who had this problem subsequently got our sets exchanged for new batches and have no problems ever since.

I presume you just bought your cam and you have the same batch problem. Just simply go back to OLY to exchange. The new batches have no problems at all.. :)

Now we're all v happy with our 5060.. right? ;p
I hope Olympus Malaysia will did the same thing as Olympus Singapore. I did call them but they said is due to shooting modes dial malfunction. And they proposed to "changed" the mode dial for me. Do you believe it?
 

slacker

New Member
Mar 18, 2003
618
0
0
SG
Visit site
#8
Well, a change of mode dial does stop the famous popup menu problem for me.

That's what happen to me while others manage to change to a totally new set due to the availability of the spare parts. Have the change and start shooting. You will love 5060 as much as we do.

BTW, i named mine as wide monster. What's your? :p
 

#9
slacker said:
Well, a change of mode dial does stop the famous popup menu problem for me.

That's what happen to me while others manage to change to a totally new set due to the availability of the spare parts. Have the change and start shooting. You will love 5060 as much as we do.

BTW, i named mine as wide monster. What's your? :p
I called her "big eye". ha ha! but short sighted!
 

Jul 12, 2003
220
0
0
Jurong West
#10
I hope you have corrected your prob. if not, just drop by your service centre and they will change the mode dial for you. It will solve all your prob. trust pinkishy, slacker and myself...we've gone through this patch. In fact, many others have gone through this patch. After the change, you'll love your wide monster or big eyes even more....
 

#11
garvinchow said:
I hope you have corrected your prob. if not, just drop by your service centre and they will change the mode dial for you. It will solve all your prob. trust pinkishy, slacker and myself...we've gone through this patch. In fact, many others have gone through this patch. After the change, you'll love your wide monster or big eyes even more....
Thank you guys, none of the symptoms re-occur so far, I was thinking giving her an additional battery. I heard Singapore has 3rd party battery at good price. but Malaysia so far no "lubang" yet. (maybe I dont know). any idea how to order from there?
 

slacker

New Member
Mar 18, 2003
618
0
0
SG
Visit site
#12
I'm not too sure how much is the original battery will cost you over at your side. But if you are keen on the 3rd party battery, it cost 29.95 if i can recall correctly.

Personally, i have brought 2 and been using it since then. Recharged few times and everything goes fine at this point of time. (Touchwood :sweat: ) despite of people saying that the higher voltage will damage the camera.

If you are really keen and think it's well-worth, let me know your address by PM. See if i can arrange a postal over to your side. That's of cos not earning any cents out of it but to help another 5060 user in another part of the world. :sweatsm: Let me know and maybe we can work out the details privately.

Just a suggestion on the issue of mode dial problem, send in your camera when you are free. Cos you never know when it will relapses again when you in need of your camera and the relapse will spoilt your day big time. :mad2:
 

Jul 12, 2003
220
0
0
Jurong West
#13
slacker said:
I'm not too sure how much is the original battery will cost you over at your side. But if you are keen on the 3rd party battery, it cost 29.95 if i can recall correctly.

Personally, i have brought 2 and been using it since then. Recharged few times and everything goes fine at this point of time. (Touchwood :sweat: ) despite of people saying that the higher voltage will damage the camera.

If you are really keen and think it's well-worth, let me know your address by PM. See if i can arrange a postal over to your side. That's of cos not earning any cents out of it but to help another 5060 user in another part of the world. :sweatsm: Let me know and maybe we can work out the details privately.

Just a suggestion on the issue of mode dial problem, send in your camera when you are free. Cos you never know when it will relapses again when you in need of your camera and the relapse will spoilt your day big time. :mad2:
Slacker is right. Send your camera in when you are free and not using it. It spoilt some of my days!!! and I got so pissed off.... Send it in, and get it back in tip top condition!
 

redstorm

New Member
Oct 29, 2002
456
0
0
Hougang
Visit site
#14
michaelnct said:
Thank you guys, none of the symptoms re-occur so far, I was thinking giving her an additional battery. I heard Singapore has 3rd party battery at good price. but Malaysia so far no "lubang" yet. (maybe I dont know). any idea how to order from there?
Yes, this shop "Eastgear" situated at #02-02 Peninsula Plaza sells their own in-house brand batteries bearing the same name. The battery is selling at only $29.95! The shop's website is below. Check it out.

http://www.massorder.com/shop/default-sg.php
 

#15
slacker said:
I'm not too sure how much is the original battery will cost you over at your side. But if you are keen on the 3rd party battery, it cost 29.95 if i can recall correctly.

Personally, i have brought 2 and been using it since then. Recharged few times and everything goes fine at this point of time. (Touchwood :sweat: ) despite of people saying that the higher voltage will damage the camera.

If you are really keen and think it's well-worth, let me know your address by PM. See if i can arrange a postal over to your side. That's of cos not earning any cents out of it but to help another 5060 user in another part of the world. :sweatsm: Let me know and maybe we can work out the details privately.

Just a suggestion on the issue of mode dial problem, send in your camera when you are free. Cos you never know when it will relapses again when you in need of your camera and the relapse will spoilt your day big time. :mad2:
thanks Slacker, a private message has been sent to you. my mailing address and my "wish" list.
 

#16
Thank you guys, world will be more peaceful if more helpful people like you. Spirit of Olympian. Yahoo! :thumbsup: I got back my big eye already. look ok!

I find that here is quite hard to find a good gadget for digital camera. a so call "branded" camera shop cannot get ND filters 2 & 4. They don't even know how to use the camera. so sad :cry: but 1 thing good is the price is consider "reasonable" if compare to Singapore. I bought my big eye for RM2,580 with ScanDisk128CF + interest free 9 months installment few months ago.

Keep in touch! any good gadget, remember to share with me. Thanks again! ;)

my e mail: michaelnct@myjaring.net
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom