Olee Petite Dehumidifier: Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlwang

Apr 9, 2002
Visit site
Hi all

I bought this item at Homefix last week, and put in my bomb shelter.

The next day, found that water had leaked out to my bomb shelter floor instead of collecting in the container.

I took out the water container and noticed there is no holes, whatsoever.

I took a detail look at the design, the opening on the center of water container is very small, and seems like that is the only place that the water will flow in.

The water seems to be leaking from the back of the water container.

Is this normal, or I am unlucky to purchase a faulty item?

Hi all

I bought this item at Homefix last week, and put in my bomb shelter.

The next day, found that water had leaked out to my bomb shelter floor instead of collecting in the container.

I took out the water container and noticed there is no holes, whatsoever.

I took a detail look at the design, the opening on the center of water container is very small, and seems like that is the only place that the water will flow in.

The water seems to be leaking from the back of the water container.

Is this normal, or I am unlucky to purchase a faulty item?

definitely not normal.i have 2 of these.water will go straight into the tank.
there's a rubber plug at the top of the water tank, which is for you to drain the tank when it's full.
IIRC, the water inlet into tank is right smack at the center of the tank(on top).

definitely not normal.i have 2 of these.water will go straight into the tank.
there's a rubber plug at the top of the water tank, which is for you to drain the tank when it's full.
IIRC, the water inlet into tank is right smack at the center of the tank(on top).

Jeanie, thanks for the reply, is there a water inlet into the tank? My Olee has nothing there, I only see a heatsink on top, nothing in between the water tank. will it be too difficult for you to take a picture to show?

Thanks.

Jeanie, thanks for the reply, is there a water inlet into the tank? My Olee has nothing there, I only see a heatsink on top, nothing in between the water tank. will it be too difficult for you to take a picture to show?

Thanks.

i dont mind taking pic but you'll have to wait till weekends

heaksink?you mean the area with the 'grill'?
pull out the water tank.it's detachable.see if anything is blocking the entry to the tank.

i dont mind taking pic but you'll have to wait till weekends

heaksink?you mean the area with the 'grill'?
pull out the water tank.it's detachable.see if anything is blocking the entry to the tank.

Hi Jeanie

I can wait till weekend, I pulled out the water tank, did not see anything blocking. Yes the heatsink is the place with the grill.

thanks for your help.

Hi Jeanie

I can wait till weekend, I pulled out the water tank, did not see anything blocking. Yes the heatsink is the place with the grill.

thanks for your help.

if you do not see any blockage, then bring it back to DIY shop.confirmed the unit is spoiled.

Status
Not open for further replies.