Older model

Status
Not open for further replies.

binbeto

Jan 18, 2002
Behind a lens
www.pbase.com
I am thinking of changing my camera to a one with more manual control...

Are those older models like G1 and Casion 3000 or Olympus 3040 worth another look?

SHould be buying 2nd hand for those.

Thanks.

Originally posted by binbeto
I am thinking of changing my camera to a one with more manual control...

Are those older models like G1 and Casion 3000 or Olympus 3040 worth another look?

SHould be buying 2nd hand for those.

Thanks.

And ur budget is????

Originally posted by Bluestrike
There is someone selling his G1 FYI.
If you are interested, pls hurry hurry get him! The link is as below.

http://classifieds.singnet.com.sg/details.cfm?id=51

Good luck!
:rbounce:

Contact him but his G1 is one year old, meaning no more warranty and his price is not really attractive cos a new one is abt 1K only. :)

What abt Oly 3040 and Casio 3000?

Anyone here familar with them.. Have read the reviews.. Just wanna some personal opinion..

Hi Binbeto,
Not sure you are refering to new or 2nd hand. I was looking at these 2 DC B4 purchasing my 2nd DC. IMHO as 1st hand option Casio 3000 is still a good DC but out of production. The replacement model Casio 3500 is around $850. This is a value for money DC and you can't go very wrong with it. IT may not be the best in its class but price wise, is the best. Don't think you can get a new C3040 below $1000. The last quote someone here got is $1250. If you can get it below $1k, grab it without 2nd thot. Grab another one for me also.:D Basically, it has much faster speed in all aspec compare to Casio 3500. If you don't need the speed, then can consider Casio3500 or even the Oly C3020 ($830) which is a very good buy with the promotion now.

For 2nd hand, depend on the offer. Both DC are worth getting.

:)

Originally posted by Bluestrike
There is someone selling his G1 FYI.
If you are interested, pls hurry hurry get him! The link is as below.

http://classifieds.singnet.com.sg/details.cfm?id=51

Good luck!
:rbounce:
Hey Bluestrike, went to the link and see another offer, thot very funny so share share here.

C3030 7 months old and use less than 10 times. Owner sell because uograde to 5MP DC.:eek: Wah lau! tell lie also don't know how to tell. If use less than 10 times why bother to upgrade. For Display purpose ah!:bsmilie:

Originally posted by Kevin
C3030 7 months old and use less than 10 times. Owner sell because uograde to 5MP DC.:eek: Wah lau! tell lie also don't know how to tell. If use less than 10 times why bother to upgrade. For Display purpose ah!:bsmilie:

why not... there are lots of strange people in this world. My friend bought a F65 two months ago, still don wan to test it out and insist on bringing it with her to Taiwan.

7 months use 10 times is quite a lot averaging more than once a month. Wait he use one time shoot 300 shoots...:D

Originally posted by sebastiansong

7 months use 10 times is quite a lot averaging more than once a month. Wait he use one time shoot 300 shoots...:D
:confused: Didn't think of that.

Then end up as a bad deal.:p

Yes, this world is full of weird people. :dunno:

Hey Bluestrike, went to the link and see another offer, thot very funny so share share here.

It's sale talk lah.. Who know how many time he used...

If it is working and not defect, even if he use everyday, I also dun mind.. :)

Hi Binbeto,
Not sure you are refering to new or 2nd hand. I was looking at these 2 DC B4 purchasing my 2nd DC. IMHO as 1st hand option Casio 3000 is still a good DC but out of production. The replacement model Casio 3500 is around $850. This is a value for money DC and you can't go very wrong with it. IT may not be the best in its class but price wise, is the best. Don't think you can get a new C3040 below $1000. The last quote someone here got is $1250. If you can get it below $1k, grab it without 2nd thot. Grab another one for me also.:D Basically, it has much faster speed in all aspec compare to Casio 3500. If you don't need the speed, then can consider Casio3500 or even the Oly C3020 ($830) which is a very good buy with the promotion now.

For 2nd hand, depend on the offer. Both DC are worth getting.

Thanks for the advise... I like it very much as it come with the current pricing so that I can judge better...

Will give it more though as I still like my present cammy but pity dun have much manual control...

Got a relative eyeing mine... so maybe can offload to him.. :p

Thanks for the advise... I like it very much as it come with the current pricing so that I can judge better...

Will give it more though as I still like my present cammy but pity dun have much manual control...

Got a relative eyeing mine... so maybe can offload to him.. :p
You welcome.
Off load loh if got chance. And if you still not sure what to get next, grab an Oly C2040 1st at $750 like me lah! It has all the features and functions like C3040 except the 3MP. Just my 3 cents thought. ;)

Budget is abt $800-1K... SHould be able to get those...

Just wanted to know are they stil worth it?

Wah lao! At ur price can get lots of options for brand new DCs with manual controls liao!

But most important of all...what exactly do u want? Any particular preferences?

Originally posted by Jayan

Wah lao! At ur price can get lots of options for brand new DCs with manual controls liao!

But most important of all...what exactly do u want? Any particular preferences?

Really not preference.. Just want something that produce good picture.
Wanted something with more manual control... and maybe can do marco photography...

Is that hard to satisfied?

Really not preference.. Just want something that produce good picture.
Wanted something with more manual control... and maybe can do marco photography...

Is that hard to satisfied?

<$1K + good pix + manual controls + macro.

Hmmm...some DCs that satisfies the above and can still be easily found are:

Olympus C-2100UZ $950
Olympus C-2040Z $750
Olympus C-3020Z $850
Casio 2900UX $700

Originally posted by Jayan

<$1K + good pix + manual controls + macro.

Hmmm...some DCs that satisfies the above and can still be easily found are:

Olympus C-2100UZ $950
Olympus C-2040Z $750
Olympus C-3020Z $850
Casio 2900UX $700

Am eyeing these few model also... :)

Still planning lah..

Hi Binbeto,

Basically, it has much faster speed in all aspec compare to Casio 3500. If you don't need the speed, then can consider Casio3500 or even the Oly C3020 ($830) which is a very good buy with the promotion now.

Will try to grab a 2nd hand one 1st....

And, what do you mean by faster speed? Shutter speed? or...?

Will try to grab a 2nd hand one 1st....

And, what do you mean by faster speed? Shutter speed? or...?
Faster speed in 3 areas: Firstly, Shutter lag speed i.e. when you click the snap button, how long the DC take to react and capture the picture. Your A20 is also reasonable fast in this area. Secondly, how fast the DC take to process the captured picture and ready for you to snap the next one. C2040 has a big bufffer like C3040 so you can take the next picture while the DC is still writing the captured one to the SM card. Thirdly, the fast lens. C2040 use a F1.8 lens which is very fast according to the "lao jiao". For e.g. 3s of niteshot on C2040 equal to 9s of niteshot on the Casio 2900 (Did I get it right this time KC?) since C2040 allow more light to pass through at faster speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.